Trans States joins the party

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General,
I know it won't be Delta (and not for the reason you stated - I am starting to believe management will find a way around a scope clause as surely as they did the no-furlough clause) but because of our poor performance with the ACJet operation. I think we have it running fine now but we certainly did leave a bad impression at Delta.

The most talked about is a LCC venture with Richard Branson. I have also heard a rumor about Northwest, Continental, JetBlue, etc, etc, etc - basically every other airline. I put my money on AirTran since they are already using Air Whiskey now but that is absolutely nothing more than a guess on my part. Finally, there is the prospect of going it alone since we just bought back the ACJet operating certificate and purchased a reservation system (those might be used for the LCC as well.) I think we will find out something by the end of the month.

46Driver said:
Things are going to get interesting - and we should find out a lot more on July 28th.

Time for my dumb question: What happens on July 28th ?

KingAirKiddo said:
We'll just see what happens when Mesa (and Skywest, for that matter) start coming into ORD and IAD and the rest of the northeast corridor on a regular basis. You'll soon learn about little things like flow control and penalty boxes.

I agree with kingairkid. The reason that ACA's performace looks so bad on paper is because we deal with massive snow storms and unpredictible popcorn thunderstorms. plus our ORD hub is centered in the busiest airspace in the country.

like i said before, my aca station is being fazed out to an airwiskey station and i bet that we will see much more of that in the future. this news of tsa, sets the stage for an east coast take over. seems like UAL doesnt want to talk anymore...

I agree our performance numbers have been severely affected by the weather. Out in the west coast they don't have much weather and not nearly as much traffic, so naturely there #'s are going to be better, aka skywest and I think MESA. We basically fly the same A/C so its not so much a MX deal. The other new companies will have to deal with it when they start taking over our stations. Our company sees the writing on the wall and they do not want to be tied to a sinking ship (UAL). The regional industry is so screwed up right now with this under bidding SH$%IT that we seem to not want to be a part of it any more. I really can't see how MESA and these other low ballers are going to make any money, and I also think that companies like MESA and skywest are bitting more then they can chew. I guess we will have to see the outcome on that though. The reason why I get mad at MESA is that you as pilots work for a company that seems so greedy and low down that they will bid so cheap to get additional flying even if they lose money doing it. They offer you a contract that you say is an improvement but really I can't see how with a 70 hour guarantee and 8 days off for reserve lines ,that sucks!! The fact of the matter is you will probably work the rest of your careers at a regional and I am sorry you can't take a step back when others are trying to take a step forward!! Whatever the outcome of ACA is if we go out on our own or we end up on the street , I think we will be in a better situation instead of constantly trying to underbid each other!! Good luck to all!!

I will gladly retire in the 41!!!!
Keep on using that KY at MESA!! If I were you I would'nt talk with that picture hanging up!!

RIDETHELIGHTING said:
We already fly in the north east, we can handle it. Oh by the way I sure mesa will let you guys run an RJ feed for us when the time comes.
"

Sounds like a deal, since our 50-seat rates will undoubtably be higher than whatever you'll be making flying a 737 at Mesa. Enjoy your 8 days off a month.

Kind of cracks me up you guys blaming your completion factors on weather. Express Jet CF is always above 95%. Most recently 99%. Oh that's right they fly out of that low volume traffic airport called Newark. Give me a break. Don't make excuses, my bet is, it has something to do with the jetstreams.

grog_sit_reserv said:
We'll just see what happens when Mesa (and Skywest, for that matter) start coming into ORD and IAD and the rest of the northeast corridor on a regular basis. You'll soon learn about little things like flow control and penalty boxes.

Yeah, cuz we Mesa guys never go to dem reel big airports like you cool ACA boys. That part is kinda lame, but; I do have to agree with you on the Fairchild thing. Why'd you guys get so many of those things anyway?

Have they always been troublesome or has it recently just become an issue.

Actually, just disregard the northeast corridor part of my statement...just wait until a majority of your flights are in and out of ORD, then we'll have this discussion.

And I stand by my statement that Mesa will never provide RJ feed to ACA:D Come on, gotta have a little fun here...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back