• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trans States Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JH-True, TSA does "sux". However, as stated before, it really isn't that different then anywhere alse. Definetely look at other options, but how many others are out there that will get you in class by January? Get in, get through training, get some 121 time and find out what you like and dislike about this type of flying. Then you can decide if somewhere else may be a better fit for whatever your goals are. Always take the first class date offered to you, but keep your options open.

As far as reserve and what your first year will be like, who knows. You probably won't be on reserve long, due to the high turnover rate, and the fact that it seems like the training dept. is gearing up for some larger classes this winter and spring, but anything can change. Reserve lines are 10 days off, hard lines are 11. A lot of early show times, so plan on being in STL a lot.
Good Luck

Last edited:
Do yourself a favor and go else where...... I got sucked into the same trap and worked at TSA for 5 months. I left as soon as possible and don't regret it at all. It's the best thing I ever did. Great pilot group but every thing else sucks.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back