Trans States Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OI812

I have an interview with Trans States Next week. Any info would be great.
Interview Process, Company, how long on reserve.
Please avoid bashing i have a good idea how some people feel about the company just looking for some good facts

Can't help with the interview,but you can expect to stay on reserve for a long time. Most of the movement is from FO's leaving for other regionals or fractionals. Current rumor is that 41's will be all gone by this summer. Unless we get the G*Jet flying, expect things to stay the same.

Fellow pilots,

This is ____ with an update to the VARS on Tuesday December 6.

This past Sunday the MEC presented to management an approved and signed settlement to our ************************* dispute. Management has advised us that they are still reviewing the settlement and therefore the specifics of the settlement will not be disclosed until the company either accepts or rejects the proposal. We understand that this VARS message will no doubt raise many questions from the pilot group and as always, you may feel free to contact a union official and ask any questions you may have. We will update the pilot group as soon as we have more information.

Fly safe, and fly your contract

Good luck on your interview. If there is any good news it is that SP is probably not doing interviews anymore. Oh, and you're not very likely to get assigned the J41!

username said:
Fellow pilots,

This is ____ with an update to the VARS on Tuesday December 6.

This past Sunday the MEC presented to management an approved and signed settlement to our ************************* dispute. Management has advised us that they are still reviewing the settlement and therefore the specifics of the settlement will not be disclosed until the company either accepts or rejects the proposal. We understand that this VARS message will no doubt raise many questions from the pilot group and as always, you may feel free to contact a union official and ask any questions you may have. We will update the pilot group as soon as we have more information.

Fly safe, and fly your contract

Has the MEC been discussing this with Management or is it an unsolicited proposal from the MEC?

Word is that it is basically the companies offer that was totally rejected a couple of months ago, just one year shorter in duration. Basically it is a big steaming pile of SH*T that takes things almost backwards. However I also heard that the reason for this is because the single carrier petition was rejected and there is now no hope for capturing whatever flying is left without eating a big SH*T sandwhich. I hope what I heard is wrong and that the proposal was at least a little sweatened beyond just lasting one year less.

OI812 said:
I have an interview with Trans States Next week. Any info would be great.
Interview Process, Company, how long on reserve.
Please avoid bashing i have a good idea how some people feel about the company just looking for some good facts
Time on reserve is dependendent on hiring rate behind you and attrition rate above and growth rate. All of which are fairly stagnant and slow now, in real life anywhere for you hired today realistically a few months to a year. Watch for the bait and switch they've pulled with other guys who thought they were interviewing for Trans States and got switched to GayJets. Also you can get a lot of useful and accurate info on the interview process on aviationinterviews.com

Despite the BS you see floated on this website overall the company is merely average, not a bad place, all the guys you work with day to day are super. Management sux but that's the case at most anywhere. Good Luck,

j

Last edited:
TSA sux....bottom line. take a job here over gayjet if you must, but if you can avoid it, go elsewhere. i'd love to leave! but i'm stuck for now.

Latest resources

Back