Trans States and USAirways?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CRJDog said:
Yes but the WO's don't have to bid since their flying is dictated by it's MAINLINE ownership managing the routes. Outsourcing flying to contract carriers when the mainline folks OWN PSA and PDT does not make sense. Why have them to begin with?

I never said management was smart. :D

CRJDog said:
Yes but the WO's don't have to bid since their flying is dictated by it's MAINLINE ownership managing the routes. Outsourcing flying to contract carriers when the mainline folks OWN PSA and PDT does not make sense. Why have them to begin with?

It does when the company that owns you is in their second bankruptcy and has their debt rated so low that they have trouble financing new aircraft for the WOs.

Still doesn't mean its right, but....

A little clarification. Our owners didn't pay to let us fly our aircraft for US Air. They BOUGHT a significant portion of US Air, and as part of that purchase, secured a place to fly our aircraft. Our owners are a smart bunch of guys and they stand to make a lot of money from this deal. It is already speculated that when the IPO comes out, they will pretty much double their money right then and there. AWAC (Eastshore Investing) is the second largest investor in the new US Air. That's a little different than paying to have someone let you fly for them. Get your facts straight you ignorant F.ucks.

DirkkDiggler said:
A little clarification. Our owners didn't pay to let us fly our aircraft for US Air. They BOUGHT a significant portion of US Air, and as part of that purchase, secured a place to fly our aircraft. Our owners are a smart bunch of guys and they stand to make a lot of money from this deal. It is already speculated that when the IPO comes out, they will pretty much double their money right then and there. AWAC (Eastshore Investing) is the second largest investor in the new US Air. That's a little different than paying to have someone let you fly for them. Get your facts straight you ignorant F.ucks.

"They BOUGHT a significant portion of US Air, and as part of that purchase, secured a place to fly our aircraft."

That is just a more eloquent way of saying YOU BOUGHT YOUR WAY IN.

No need to show your true colors by insults, besides, you think that USAirways would have allowed you to fly as an express carrier if you did not invest that wad of cash to them? I think not.

Your owners bought their seats on the board at mainline so therefore you have PHL and DCA (enjoy!) and God knows what else.

Last edited:
CRJDog said:
"They BOUGHT a significant portion of US Air, and as part of that purchase, secured a place to fly our aircraft."

That is just a more eloquent way of saying YOU BOUGHT YOUR WAY IN.

No need to show your true colors by insults, besides, you think that USAirways would have allowed you to fly as an express carrier if you did not invest that wad of cash to them? I think not.

Your owners bought their seats on the board at mainline so therefore you have PHL and DCA (enjoy!) and God knows what else.

It's a good thing you're a pilot because you wouldn't be good at anything that required any analytical skills.

I find it amazing that you people are bashing AWAC. We are one of the few left with a decent contract and a pay scale for a/c over 50 seats thats respectable. Instead of trying to compete with our contract and rates you bash us and take pride in watching United kick us to the curb. None of us want to leave United (well at least our current bases) to go East. We have received no support from the other ALPA carriers, I just don't get it. Well to the rest of you flying for United on the express side good luck with your next contracts, you can bet the next one will be for less than you make now.

Let me just be clear I am not taking anything out on anyone, it is UAL managements fault we are gone but a little support would be nice for a company with some 25 years of UAL flying suddenly gone.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back