Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyinPiker

Incon-fricking-spicuous
I've been under a rock. Are these two staying together or not? I saw a 145 the other day......real pretty US Airways paint job........United Express Titles.

Piker

TSA is reducing the amount of USAir flying they're doing, but they're not getting rid of it completely. Yeah, the USAir airplanes with United Express labels are ugly pieces of crap (you should see the inside of some of them), but they confuse the heck out of the rampers which is fun to watch.

flyer172r said:
TSA is reducing the amount of USAir flying they're doing, but they're not getting rid of it completely. Yeah, the USAir airplanes with United Express labels are ugly pieces of crap (you should see the inside of some of them), but they confuse the heck out of the rampers which is fun to watch.

Actually compared to some of the others I've seen in the past.....it ain't that bad!! I suppose we'll be seeing alot of airlines with planes like this in coming months as the merry-go-round really kicks up.

Piker

Trans States didn't PAY USAir to stay as an express carrier like others have so the contract is will expire.

This is a whole new spin on pft, I finally a regional having to pay to work!

UEJ500 said:
Trans States didn't PAY USAir to stay as an express carrier like others have so the contract is will expire.

This is a whole new spin on pft, I finally a regional having to pay to work!

Yeah....the whole BLOW JETS thing is really doing everyone in this industry a real favor isn' it??

It WAS the TransStates pilots that put that whole idea together right??.......to displace what flying......Ohhh yeah. Air Wisconsins

So the pilots of Air Wisconsin wanted to get back at them...and devised a plan to make the owners tell UAL to jump off a bridge when they told them to lower their cost so they could be as good as GJs.

Let's see......buy part of another company......obtain stock in that company.....reap the profits if any of that company.....as well as keep the origional company in tact.

Compared to:

Drive down to Gulfstream and pad a logbook with 200hrs of SIC in a 1900.

Your real bright there kid!

Piker

Last edited:
Yeah....the whole BLOW JETS thing is really doing everyone in this industry a real favor isn' it??

It WAS the TransStates pilots that put that whole idea together right??.......to displace what flying......Ohhh yeah. Air Wisconsins

So the pilots of Air Wisconsin wanted to get back at them...and devised a plan to make the owners tell UAL to jump off a bridge when they told them to lower their cost so they could be as good as GJs.

Let's see......buy part of another company......obtain stock in that company.....reap the profits if any of that company.....as well as keep the origional company in tact.

Compared to:

Drive down to Gulfstream and pad my logbook with 200hrs of SIC in a 1900.

Your real bright there kid!

Piker
What? I can't understand what you are trying to communicate.

FlyinPiker said:

It WAS the TransStates pilots that put that whole idea together right??.......to displace what flying......Ohhh yeah. Air Wisconsin's

This guy is pissed that a company went out and paid Airways to be able to fly for them and now TransStates is losing flying. The reason why they did so was because TransStates formed BLOW JETS, a company that took flying away from them. I was very lamely trying to make the point that pilots had no say in both of these transactions.....only the money grubbin owners of two privately held airlines.

FlyinPiker said:

Compared to:

Drive down to Gulfstream and pad a logbook with 200hrs of SIC in a 1900.

Your real bright there kid!Piker

Then he tries to call it some type of PFT. Which stands for Pay For Training. I don't see the correlation. Maybe I've drank too much of my dinner this evening, but what don't you understand.

Whoa......I'm explaining my own posts....can you tell I'm a newbie. I think I'm done for the night. =)

Piker

Last edited:
FlyinPiker said:
This guy is pissed that a company went out and paid Airways to be able to fly for them and now TransStates is losing flying. The reason why they did so was because TransStates formed BLOW JETS, a company that took flying away from them. I was very lamely trying to make the point that pilots had no say in both of these transactions.....only the money grubbin owners of two privately held airlines.

My understanding is that Air Willy paid to be a USAirways Express carrier because they were F#cked with UAL. IMHO, they can have PHL and DCA. As for TSA losing flying? I honestly don't care since it wasn't their flying to begin with. All of this flying being done by TSA, Colgan, Shuttle, CHQ, Mesa and so on takes OUR flying and any hopes of growth by the WO's aka PDT and PSA.

So stop yer whinin!!! Not directed at you Piker.

My .02 cents.

CRJDog said:
As for TSA losing flying? I honestly don't care since it wasn't their flying to begin with.

And it wasnt YOURS either. ALL flying done at ANY mainline carrier is controlled by that companies management. Marketing decides which airplanes will fly on certain routes. Pilots whether mainline, express, wholly owned, connection, or whatever name you call it can only negotiate for their piece of the pie. Unfortunately, thanks to the RJ, more slices have been given to codeshare partners in the last deacde. Mainline pilots try to prevent the outsourceing with scope agreements and regionals just underbid each other to secure whatever flying they can get. Welcome to airline econ 101.

Reebo said:
And it wasnt YOURS either. ALL flying done at ANY mainline carrier is controlled by that companies management. Marketing decides which airplanes will fly on certain routes. Pilots whether mainline, express, wholly owned, connection, or whatever name you call it can only negotiate for their piece of the pie. Unfortunately, thanks to the RJ, more slices have been given to codeshare partners in the last deacde. Mainline pilots try to prevent the outsourceing with scope agreements and regionals just underbid each other to secure whatever flying they can get. Welcome to airline econ 101.

Yes but the WO's don't have to bid since their flying is dictated by it's MAINLINE ownership managing the routes. Outsourcing flying to contract carriers when the mainline folks OWN PSA and PDT does not make sense. Why have them to begin with?

Latest resources

Back