Tranny Talkin'?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Brief summary:
Last two sections were put on the table. Pay and Scheduling. Management threw a predictable tantrum (read as standard posturing). Mediator decided nothing else could be accomplished that day so the rest of the session was convened for the afternoon (it was the last day of talks). Company requested next weeks talks be canceled (read as more posturing). No response yet from mediator on that.

No one walked away from the table. Talks are still on for March. Nothing has been canceled.

This is all predictable and SOP for contract talks/maneuvering. Stay tuned.

I still think a strike vote is in order. I know what you all are going to say, but I think we will get enough guys to vote yes to make this thing work.

I think managements issue is transparency in scheduling. They would like to keep everyone in the dark.

I think managements issue is transparency in scheduling. They would like to keep everyone in the dark.

So when trips are awarded to another pilot can you see if proper seniority was used, or how someone was paid?

Can you see how much coverage there is on a given day, or what another pilot's protected rest period is? Or are the issues different ones?

I was told that is what it said by another crew member while i was on the line. I cannot get me e-mail write now please let us all know what it said.

If you did not read it then STFU.....nobody want to hear what you heard from a FA probably....read first....type second...not a difficult concept.

its hard to save money when your salary doesn't even cover your bills....
Even if this is a true statement for your particular situation, you probably need to start posting you are prepared financially to take a strike for a week, month, or whatever it takes to get a contract that rewards our hard work. Or just email Klaus and tell him your financial status guaratees you won't go on strike when ALPA asks you too.

I still think a strike vote is in order. I know what you all are going to say, but I think we will get enough guys to vote yes to make this thing work.
You can be assured the MEC and SPC are working with ALPA working on a timeline that maximizes our leverage over the next several months.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back