• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tranny flush bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a hard time believing GK will dump the 717 before their leases are up. Every time I fly a -300 a little voice inside me is going "Oxygen masks/regulators..On/100%...Oxygen masks/regulators..On/100%...Oxygen masks/regulators..On/100%"
Not to be outdone by
"SPINDLE FAILURE
1. Autopilot (if engaged) .......................... Disengage
2. Maintain Control Of The Aircraft With All Available Flight Controls. If Roll Is Uncontrollable, Immediately Reduce Pitch / AOA And Increase Airspeed. Do Not Attempt To Maintain Altitude Until Control Is Recovered.
3. Thrust ...................................... Verify Symmetrical
4. Go-Around ................................ Initiate"

The point is, is that our -300's are very old and have their share of issues. It would be nice not to have all of our eggs in one basket..so to speak.

The 717 and 737 pay the same if you're WN......... or in 2015.

I was hoping the 717 would go senior since I can't imagine your top dogs commuting to OAK just to be a co pilot.

Gup

Gup,
I think that's true for original SW guys (If for some reason one ends up on the 71...there's a couple of scenarios, I just can't recall). Maybe that's what you're referring to.
But for us, even as we transition over, for example 73 CA to 71 CA, the current 71 rates would still apply, only adjusted to show TFP instead of an hourly credit. Beginning on Jan 1, 2015 they snap up to 73 rates, if they're still around by then.
From what I've been told, even after the adjusted TFP rate takes over when we make the transition (which is a lower figure), the pilot would still earn more due to the extra goodies in your contract.
I think this is how it works on our side. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
See ya on the blue side of the fence.

Last edited:
Shootr, if there are AT guys coming over, there HAVE to be vacancies at SW. As soon as an AT guy bids over, he goes where he can hold, and with SW +10-10 vacancies, the AT guy will indeed go from 71 cappy to senior 73 fo at his/her base of choice (if he/she chooses).

That was some juicy flight gossip. Why waste paint on a plane that will be gone in a few days months or years.

This is not in any way credible but just speculation after flying all day.

This whole transition bid seems like another good way for an individual to kick himself if he / she chooses based on what if s.

At least acceptance seems more popular

Quick question. Did SW want to use a plane painted or decaled for the initial ATL party months ago?

Rumor was a 71 was going to be in SW colors but not allowed due to contract language.

Might explain the new rumor / gossip of 71 not getting SW colors to keep us on it. Goes along with the don't say no or else clause.

The nanosecond both groups agree on integration the fate regarding the fate of the 71's will become clear.

I'd say that fear will be realized sooner than later.

Hey, did you guys notice that Fubijaakr chimed in on this thread with a random, anti-SWA wisecrack? No? Nobody noticed? Not the SWA guys OR the Airtran guys? Hmmm... I guess that means that we're all starting to come together, and poor Fubi will soon have no one left to play with (other than OYS, that is).

Until the combined SWA-AAI buys Alaska and makes him our bitch! That'll be our rallying cry: "Staple Fubi! Staple Fubi!"

Uh... just kiddin', Fubi. We wouldn't do that. We don't actually want you. Back to the hate locker with you, and back to the thread at hand for the rest of the folks....

Bubba

Latest resources

Back