• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tranny ALPA MEC - Dragging their feet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's a good point. Hopefully, you can move to a junior captain base, and it stays junior, preventing displacement. It is possible to get displaced here, especially if you choose a more senior captain base. (We have had quite a few MCO captains displaced up to BWI.)

Of course, this is assuming we do not see a net reduction in captains. If we do, the junior AAI captain can simply go back to FO in his base, if there is an increase in FOs on that vacancy bid. When the captain slots return, AAI guys get dibs over SWA guys. It's possible he could get displaced into an FO slot and then get recalled back to captain and never leave the same base.

Thanks FC99,

Still trying to wrap my head around it all. A new system under a new set of circumstances.

I commuted for 8 years and moved to the ATL. I'm pretty happy here and hate commuting. But, I do have choices and none of them really suck.

I appreciate the point of view and the effort.

Cheers

Gup, you do realize that 40% of our pilots will be displaced from the base they have held their entire career, right?

And, once displaced from ATL, we will not have the seniority to hold a line or even a domicile (or maybe even our seat) for at least 4 years, maybe 10?

If I offered you $50K a year to make a two-leg commute to a reserve line in various junior bases, would you take it? If so, we need to talk, because have I got a deal for the Gup! :pimp:

Should I take this to mean that you have no problem keeping your pay and work rules, If so lets send this straight up the chain to GK Im sure he would be really excited.

Absolutely, complain away. I didn't mean it wasn't your right. I just meant to give perspective.

And you did... as did others, and I appreciate it, truly. :)

I talk to a few of my SWA buddies over there on a regular basis. One of them is on here and he is pretty sure he's going to vote No. There's lots of things he doesn't like, pay rates and fences aren't among them, there are other gotchas in SL9 he just doesn't want to see materialize at SWA.

I appreciate his viewpoints as well as yours; they let me see other angles of things, and I think that's the big key for not getting too angry about whatever happens with this. We may not like the way it shakes up in the short term, but in the long term, life goes on, we do our jobs, we have a good time, we don't take it out on each other, and we go home to our families.

That's about as good as I can do as far as my small part is concerned. Hoping you guys do the same. If so, I know we're all going to be OK. Ya'll have a good weekend out there. :beer:

Should I take this to mean that you have no problem keeping your pay and work rules, If so lets send this straight up the chain to GK Im sure he would be really excited.

My understanding is that was suggested to be that way for one year. And the approximately $100 mln/year savings given to the WN pilots affected by a "fair" integration. It was summarily dismissed as not good enough.

This cake needs more time in the oven.

Suspended indefinitely now. What?

That's your executive blog wording. Of course you are going to try and make ALPA look bad. I really don't blame SWAPA. ALPA (the MEC) is a mess and my trust in them is long gone. Don't know where this is going to go but after hearing about the reaction from some SW FO's wanting MORE after 1/2 of our pilots are stapled and shut down from upgrade till 2020 I have leaned towards arbitration. The SWA fantasy island needs get a good b!tch slap of reality. I am to junior for arbitration to affect me much but I might get some gratification on a arbitrators ruling. Hope it gets done soon. After it does hope we all can live with it and move on. Any disrespect on the line will result in a through hotel van beating ;)

That's your executive blog wording. Of course you are going to try and make ALPA look bad. I really don't blame SWAPA. ALPA (the MEC) is a mess and my trust in them is long gone. Don't know where this is going to go but after hearing about the reaction from some SW FO's wanting MORE after 1/2 of our pilots are stapled and shut down from upgrade till 2020 I have leaned towards arbitration. The SWA fantasy island needs get a good b!tch slap of reality. I am to junior for arbitration to affect me much but I might get some gratification on a arbitrators ruling. Hope it gets done soon. After it does hope we all can live with it and move on. Any disrespect on the line will result in a through hotel van beating ;)

I actually agree with most of what you have to say here. ALPA is a mess, and it doesn't take SWAPA to point that out..they do that on their own.

The whole deal about the senior SW FO's wanting more is weak, and unfounded. They need to look at the whole deal and move forward. I think most on the SW side are pretty well grounded and ready to vote this in and move on. Will everbody be happy? No, but that's the way it goes.

We aren't afraid of Arby, but the outcome for BOTH sides could turn out to be a steaming turd.

I'm guessing that the ALPA, MEC at AT may be aiming towards arbitration. The old school system of date of hire with seat and base protection is probably unacceptable to some parties here leaving arbitration as the only recourse.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back