• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kream926

pimpin' aint easy
any info on orlando flight training and naples air center would be appreciated

take the one with the higher hourly rate....unless one offers a salary then pick that one...:D

Can't go wrong in Florida, at least volume wise. Consider the cost of living aspect too. I'm not sure what differentials you would encounter in cost of living while living in Naples vs Orlando, but that may also affect your bottom line.

How much are they offering ya? 15/hr? that seems to be the universal pay rate these days. I wouldn't go any lower than that for a full-time position and even then you'll probably have to get a second job if you want to live comfortably (read not living in the ghetto with 8 other people).

good luck with everything, I'm in Indiana and that's about the pay rates I'm getting quoted and there's no way in hell I'm clearing my budget with that rate in this WX come January, so FL is not out of the question for me either LOL.

Good luck

Last edited:
Kream926 said:

When I worked there..(there being Naples Air Center)..2000-2001 they were paying $17.00 an hour.

The owner is difficult to deal with. He has a personality like sandpaper and an ego the size of Florida. I guess that isn't much different than any other flight school owner.

Naples is a great place to fly. A lot of students like to take trips to Key West. The scenery is great. The Gulf waters are a great place to get away from the afternoon turbulance and thunderstorms.

I can't help you much with how their business situation is though sorry.

Last edited:
Kream926 said:

The time I was in FL (2001-2003), OFT were trying to cater to the European crowd. A lot of Brits were training there for their PPL, etc...

The instructors I talked to said it was pretty run of the mill, but they were always busy.

If you want to live close to the airport, try Heron Lake Apartments. Right down the road (walking distance), pretty decent compared to some of the other places in Kissimmee, and they have pretty inexpensive 1 bedrooms.

Ill Mitch said:
If you want to live close to the airport, try Heron Lake Apartments. Right down the road (walking distance), pretty decent compared to some of the other places in Kissimmee, and they have pretty inexpensive 1 bedrooms.

744 for a 1 bedroom...with a 5% discount

Latest resources

Back