• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

training in a jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll bet you the jet in question is a Eclipse 500.
Under a Part 141 syllabus for a PPL ME no solo time is required. It's supervised PIC.
DPE/FAA Inspector would need to be typed to do the checkride.
I'm a rich guy so I don't need hull insurance.

Did I win a cookie?
nope, a whole bag, could do the same in a CE-500 SP

to the original poster (if true) I say go right ahead. One less rich guy (either because he kills himself and you or he spends all his $ on flying) in this world is the same as one less lawyer

Does anyone no where in the regs where you can give instruction to a person with no license's in a jet. i have a rich owner who wants to learn how to fly but only in his jet. Are there any restrictions/

Rich, "0" time owner flying (trying to fly) a jet. I'm sure that will work out well. Tell him to get a Cirrus, them brief him well on how to use the 'chute.

Keep him away from houses and the general population, either way.

I currently work for a well known and highly reputable flight training institution giving dual instruction in a single pilot rated jet.

My students simply get right seat time, but all have COMM/ME/INST and around 300-400 hours. Even with that level of experience, they all still struggle with the transition.

Like the post above says, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

In your case, I damn sure wouldn't.

I've seen way to many of his type that think his money gives him some sort of above average ability to skip the basics and jump ahead.

Your a fool if you let him talk you into it. He will kill you.

All the best. Be safe.

I currently work for a well known and highly reputable flight training institution giving dual instruction in a single pilot rated jet.

My students simply get right seat time, but all have COMM/ME/INST and around 300-400 hours. Even with that level of experience, they all still struggle with the transition.

Like the post above says, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

In your case, I damn sure wouldn't.

I've seen way to many of his type that think his money gives him some sort of above average ability to skip the basics and jump ahead.

Your a fool if you let him talk you into it. He will kill you.

All the best. Be safe.

The military trains guys from zero time in jets.....

What is the BFD?

Maybe because you don't have Hot Seats??

:pimp:

What is the BFD?

not any more they all start out in T-props (T-6II), get about 25 hours then do the jets. They are pretty well screened before they start also

What is the BFD?

The BFD is that this guys student is not a miliatry pilot candidate. Seriously doubt he has the same ability and focus as our nations bests cadets. Money can't buy that.

JMHO

There may not be a bfd, but if you train and sign this guy off and people get hurt later the lawyers will find a bfd.

There may not be a bfd, but if you train and sign this guy off and people get hurt later the lawyers will find a bfd.
only if you have something to go after, like assets or insurance, if you are a broke CFI, you will never get sued.

Latest resources

Back