Training Contracts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
moxiepilot said:
Sounds like an interesting situation overall. If a collection agency has the bill then they bought it from your lender thinking they could possibly make some money off of it. I agree with FN FAL to get an attorney to peruse the whole situation. AOPA could possibly help as well
Attorney's cost money, but what else are you going to do? You can pay the darned thing and be over it, ignore it and have it hanging around your neck like an albatross, or hire a professional to look it over and see if you got a leg to stand on.

I don't don't know what they charge nowdays for an initial consultation, but even when I was a poorer boy than I am now, I could still afford to get in and pay a retainer when the chips were down. Had to sell a really neat Colt .38 Super Auto Government Model once to do it, but it got done.

If you have ever retained a good attorney in the past, you can usually mail em a letter accompanied with a xerox of what's ailing you and they will take a minute to look at it or have a para-legal go over it and they'll send you a bill. At least with the lawyers I have used, the big billing isn't untill you start doing court appearances and prep.

I'd never hesitate to retain a reputable law firm to handle a legal/civil matter.

Also, here's another thing to think about...lots of these things get settled by negotiation out of court. An attorney may be able to negotiate half of what you owe and save you some money, should the contract be enforceable against you.

But you won't know unless you retain a professional.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back