• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Training contract @ Colgan

wheelsup

Non-Registered User
Total Time
>1
Anyone know if its still being used? What the August 22nd class will be - 1900 or Saab?

thanks
~wheelsup

cbrown1

Total Time
Yes it is, My friend just got put on the Saab and he had to sign a contract.

PATSfan

Total Time
Anyone know whats going on w/hiring at Colgan lately? I received call to interview 2 weeks ago, was supposed to fly to LGA, then received email stating "We have had logistical issues come up regarding our interviews this week that will delay our process." Havent heard anything since. Any ideas?

BirdCatcher

Total Time
3:25pm
PATSfan said:
Anyone know whats going on w/hiring at Colgan lately? I received call to interview 2 weeks ago, was supposed to fly to LGA, then received email stating "We have had logistical issues come up regarding our interviews this week that will delay our process." Havent heard anything since. Any ideas?

the whole company is a "logistical issue". They probably screwed something up and then forgot about you. Reply to the email, or call them inquiring about it.

wheelsup

Non-Registered User
Total Time
>1
PATS -

I got a call last week and got the package they fedex'ed to me yesterday to interview this coming weekend.

~wheelsup

ERfly

Total Time
PATSfan said:

And so it begins....

BRA

Rollins Rules!
Total Time
If they were interviewing you in LGA one guess might be that all the simulators got booked up. They could have still done the HR part and written, but it would be a shame to have to go back for the sim. Or the dude giving the interviews ended up flying the line, or quit, or had something come up. Those are my educated guesses. Good luck! PM me if you like for any other questions.

PATSfan said:

BeechCowboy48

heatseekingmoisturemissle
Total Time
enough
contract

I don't know how they can enforce the contract with all the sketchy things they try and get pilots to do. I guess they can sue you for the money and then all their dirty laundry ends up on a court deposition.

English

Total Time
I left Colgan before the expiration of the training contract and was not asked to make good on it. Of course my case was unique :)

Freight Dog

Total Time
7500+
English said:
I left Colgan before the expiration of the training contract and was not asked to make good on it. Of course my case was unique :)

You're always unique.. ;)

English

Total Time
*smooch!*