Training @ Comair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the info...

How is the seniority recognize in class? Who has first choice to bid a base?
Do they go by age, last four digits of ss#, or what???

Thx.

Don't Jumpseat before you are allowed. You have to finish your sim checkride before you are qualified in the plane and can officially jumpseat. In 2003, a guy was fired for jumpseating before he was allowed to by the company. Why risk it? You will have pass benefits on Delta, Comair, ASA and Airwhiskey. This is all covered the first couple of days in class.

CFINY said:
Thanks for the info...

How is the seniority recognize in class? Who has first choice to bid a base?
Do they go by age, last four digits of ss#, or what???

Thx.

Old guys (gals) = first in line.

>You can travel while in training, but it is not recommended. The commuter clause doesn't apply when you are travleing to training events. I know of one new hire who was terminated for missing training because he went home on the weekends. Use the days off for studying and finding a crash pad/apartment.
to each his own. I went home every chance I got, and it was rarely a problem. if you get stuck trying to get back, just tell 'em you're sick. might as well act like a line pilot... finding a crashpad shouldn't take more than a few days. we crammed 7 of us into a 3-bedroom apartment. it quickly turned into a frat house-like experience but we had a good time. always someone around to study with. study after class, go home on days off. you'll be spending plenty of days off in CVG on reserve...

I went home every weekend while in training.. Flew to the west coast. Never had a problem.

Ask the nice folks in the pass office to check loads for you. Go home Friday night and come back Sunday morning.. You won't need to study 24/7..Everything is spoon fed to you and doesn't require constant study.

Pay...

How pay system work?
Let's say, you fly as FO for 3 years, and get upgraded to CPT in 4th. year...
What would your pay now be, 1st., or 4th. year captain pay???

Thank you.

Training...

Thank you all,

More q's:

How is the training formed, as far as how many weeks is ground school,
sim. classes, IOE ???

Also, to whom do I address my cover letter to ?

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back