Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CFINY

Hi all,

I was wondering how long, and where, is training done at Comair?
Also, do you get any time off, let's say weekends or days off
between ground school and sim., between sim. and IOE, etc.???

Thank you.

I believe its around an 75 to 80 day cycle from 1st day of ground school to IOE and that includes days off. Usually you do 5 on 2 days off in ground school, and the sims very with usually 3 on 1 off. they put you in a hotel for the 1st seven days but what some have done is the 1st 5 days you use it free hotel and on the 1st 2 days off you go home tell hotel to stop the 7 days free then so when you come back after the 2 days off you can get 2 more FREE nights to equal 7 FREE that comairs gives you.

bases at Comair?

When do you know what base are you getting? When do you bid for
the one you want?
Do Comair asighned JFK as a base to some pilots yet?
How junior/senior JFK is going to be? (FO).

Thanks.

JFK looks like it is going to be junior. At the interview they were talking about trying to do some recruiting events in the NY area to get people who would like to go to NY and not bid another base as soon as they can. Traininig is in CVG.

i think the JFK base starts on aug 1st, and they will have to have it staffed by then so if your starting nowor in class now or in a month you might be finished with training just in time to be able to bid which if that is the case you most likely would get JFk. with a commuter clause of 2 flights that get you to your base half hour prior to checkin time after that you safe you lose pay and might not get to do that trip and get put on resereve for that trip time but at least you not in trouble!! u get DAL pass 30 days after you start I believe but they will write free passes to go home until then, jumpseat yes and no, i heard you have to be a qualified and current pilot with cureent medicla to jumpseat but who is going to know and off line they wont know so you probally could since you get your ID in day 1 or 2

Biding the base...

Thank you all,

I am not clear with awording a bases...
At what point of training you bid for base you like to live in,
and when do you find out what base you getting???

THX.

i dont think you bid for a base until you finsh your training, so for the intial training time you will be based in CVG and if you get the 70 seat you will be based in CVG since cvg is the only 70 seat base for now

You will bid for bases and aircraft early in training, but I'm not sure when the awards will be released. I don't think you will have a problem getting JFK.

You can travel while in training, but it is not recommended. The commuter clause doesn't apply when you are travleing to training events. I know of one new hire who was terminated for missing training because he went home on the weekends. Use the days off for studying and finding a crash pad/apartment.

Good luck in training.

C425Driver

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back