• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tradewinds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great folks to interview with no pressure, no tech or sim. Just wanted to get to know you, and to make sure that this is the company you want to be with.

That is a-changing

In the near future candidates will visit the simulator before they are hired.

We had some problems lately with guys washing out and/or needi'n double sim.

togarob said:
The new hire class this Monday has been increased to 15. It seems the 4 guys (3 pilots and 1 PFE) that interviewed yesterday where specifically picked for either the A300 or the B747 by their past flight experience. Great folks to interview with no pressure, no tech or sim. Just wanted to get to know you, and to make sure that this is the company you want to be with. According to the CEO, the company is expanding in the near future to a total of 7 B747-200, with the possibility of getting -400s in the not too distant future. No further expansion on the A300 fleet unless more contracts dictates the need. Interviews will continue every Thursday for another possible class in June. But things can change. Keep sending those resumes!

Salud,

Togarob

Odd....I talked to Connie on 4/11 and she told me that class was full.

j41 said:
what are the min to to get an interview. thanks

I interviewed in March with 5 others. I was the only one without jet time, but I had over 5000TT 3,000 Turbine, 1500 Turbine PIC. I dont remember exact numbers but I seem to remember about 3,000 being the lowest time. Two others in the group had narrowbody experience, one a DAL furloughee and the other had 727 time at other supplementals. The other guys were RJ drivers (Captains and FOs).

I've heard that they have hired very low time guys in the past (under 1,000TT), but from what CSY said I'd bet that is a very rare occurrence.

togarob said:
... According to the CEO, the company is expanding in the near future to a total of 7 B747-200, with the possibility of getting -400s in the not too distant future...

Salud,

Togarob

The plan, according to JC, does not include training company pilots on the -400. Pure and simple economics. Hiring qualified people off the street for the -400, so as not to incur addt'l training events and loss of pilot utilization for the Classic.

Unless CSY can sweet talk them. ;)

Unless CSY can sweet talk them. ;)

He-he, thanks for the confidence, but my opinion does not reach very far in the executive offices of TEAM Tradewinds.

When are ya coming back Mr. Lazy B?

Is the class this week for the bus or both ?

do you guys think i have a chance with 2900 TT of which1700 jet like emb 145 & lear?
thanks for the inputs

do you guys think i have a chance with 2900 TT of which1700 jet like emb 145 & lear?
thanks for the inputs

Can't speak for Tradewinds or any other airline, but uh, if ya did not send in yer papers: No chance.

If ya sent in them papers and sat back without bugging the company: Small change.

If ya sent in them papers and called once a-week then flew up to GSO the day after to show yer face: Big chance.

If ya walked in the door every day thereafter....Hired.

-----------------------------------------

Boys:

I was there some 20 years ago:

Flew left seat turbo prop and lusting for big planes on long routes.
Applied to Evergreen many a times.
They would not hire my arse 'cause I had no heavy, international jet-time.
J/S,ed from St. Croix to Portland, OR several times to show my face and volunteer for the written and sim testing.

They finally gave me the exams, and later hired me...DC-8-73 F/O, FRA base, Air India Cargo contract...Just what I was hoping for and dreaming about.

It was not that different in the middle/late 80s gents.
If ya want them jobs, go and get them.
In person...Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

thank you my man.
It' s amazing that we, here in the States, have to even question our own qualification and experience while back in EU I know SEVERAL guys flying A321 or B737 NG with 300TT and 20 ME + in Eu all the FO' s are required to be typed, so it is very easy to find a 2000 fo with 3 different types.
Anyway we all know the answer to this situation.

fly safe you all.

Last edited:
Flywrite said:
I interviewed in March with 5 others. I was the only one without jet time, but I had over 5000TT 3,000 Turbine, 1500 Turbine PIC. I dont remember exact numbers but I seem to remember about 3,000 being the lowest time. Two others in the group had narrowbody experience, one a DAL furloughee and the other had 727 time at other supplementals. The other guys were RJ drivers (Captains and FOs).

I've heard that they have hired very low time guys in the past (under 1,000TT), but from what CSY said I'd bet that is a very rare occurrence.

Will they hire low time guys with a 121 background for the SO (FE) seat with options to transition to FO in the future?

Latest resources

Back