Tracking Steve Fossett

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
aerodromebum said:
They say he'll take periodic power naps no longer than 5 minutes at a time...

I'll have to keep that in mind. ;-)

Well CNN is reporting that they are hunting for the Jet Stream. Well, here's a news flash...

I don't think he's gonna find much of it at freaking 480!

I really wish this media-wh0re would just go away and leave us alone.

I thought CNN put it best the other day:
"If Fossett succeeds on this quest, his personal achievement will be significant. But its impact on aviation history will be limited since the era of barrier-breaking aviation records -- Charles Lindbergh's New York-to-Paris flight and Wiley Post's around-the-world flight -- has long passed, said Bob van der Linden, a curator at the Smithsonian Institution's National Air and Space Museum.

"Being able to stay up there and stay alert, being able to do that is terrific, but it's not going to change the world," van der Linden said. "The new barrier, that's spaceflight, because you're pushing the edges of the unknown. Aviation is pretty well-known now."

User997 said:

"If Fossett succeeds on this quest, his personal achievement will be significant. But its impact on aviation history will be limited since the era of barrier-breaking aviation records -- Charles Lindbergh's New York-to-Paris flight and Wiley Post's around-the-world flight -- has long passed, said Bob van der Linden, a curator at the Smithsonian Institution's National Air and Space Museum.

"Being able to stay up there and stay alert, being able to do that is terrific, but it's not going to change the world," van der Linden said. "The new barrier, that's spaceflight, because you're pushing the edges of the unknown. Aviation is pretty well-known now."

me too. rich boys with toys. go away already.

User997 said:

When I was up at FlightSafety Teterboro in Falcon 50EX training I was talking with one of the program managers. He told me that Fossett has been up there a few times to get some Falcon training since he owns one.

He told me that Fossett was one of the worst pilots that ever went through their facility. Evidently the guy is not a very good stick.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back