Tough Decisions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey publisher

I know you profess to be an expert in this industry, but you are way off base when you say that with his level of experience, he'd spend much of his time operating radios.

Fo's at regional, national and major carriers do fly about 50% of the time. Heck, at my present company i've also had to compute weight & balance for the aircraft, perform first flight of the day tests, and actually start the engines! and yes, i do work the radios on the ground and in the air when i'm pnf.

RR

All I do is fly people and many a trip I have seen the sun set and the sun rise. ........In the summer on the same tank of fuel. Things arn't diffrent flying freight vs. flying people, just the FA's and that is another story in itself.

Turbo and some others said it, flying freight or people is not all that different. Although most freight is on the "backside of the clock", a lot of 121 people flying is too. It seems to me that quite a bit of flying is in the weird wee hours of the night and morning. If that is what you are having trouble adjusting to you should maybe rethink your flying career. Whatever your choice, don't just quit. You worked hard to get were you are. Try to look at the big picture. Where do you want to be in 5 years? Will this help you get there? Do you enjoy what you are doing?

Good Luck

I signed a contract and it cost me 4 years (USN). I couldn't wait to get out and go back to civilian life. Now, when I look back, I miss it dearly. I know that this is not the exact same situation, but make due of your current situation. At least you have a job, flying at that. I just wish that I had your current job now.

just my .02

Latest resources

Back