• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Totally Off Topic: Glocks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My dad owns a Glock 19; it is a great gun to carry and shoot, but in order to hit accurately, I feel like I have to hold the gun pointing down. I probably just never learned how to shoot with the Glock sights. You can't break the dang things though, they just keep tickin....I'm accurate with the 19 out to maybe 15 yards, then accuracy goes away fast. I shoot a buddy's 23 much better than our 19, and I prefer the .40 caliber to a 9mm any day.

I second the postive vote for the Sig Pro 2340. Lightweight polymer frame, but same Sig quality and just as deadly accurate as the P229. Another gun I shoot regularly is a Colt Officer's Model 1911. I think the barrel is a bit smallish (it IS a carry gun), but it is smooth to shoot and accurate like most 1911s.

Best handgun I've ever shot was a Wilson Combat Millenium Protector. Not exactly a CCW gun, but I'll probably never shoot a 2" group at 25 yards with junk range ammo ever again in my life...

I own a ported Glock 27 (mini .40), and I really like it. It was my first Glock after owning most of the usual autos: Sig 226, S&W 5904, Baretta 92FC, etc. I still own all the others, but bought the G27 for concealed carry, and it packs a lot of punch in a small package. Never had a misfire or stovepipe yet, and it's light!

About the only thing I don't like about Glocks is the TERRIBLE grip angle! I can never get used to that, and I have several Glocks (27,30). The old standard of 11 degrees is just right.

I was pleasantly surprised when I fired the H&K USP .40 Compact for the first time. It's like a Glock that points correctly!

I almost forgot about the German contribution to the firearms world. HK's are absolutely nice guns. Just a little pricey for my pocketbook.
You just have to do what I did, get a lucrative job flying single engine freight, live in a trailer park, drive a beater and get the wife to work 2.5 jobs. hahaha

I almost forgot about the German contribution to the firearms world. HK's are absolutely nice guns. Just a little pricey for my pocketbook.

My "free" H&K cost me a smidge more than $3k! ;)

I have a Glock 23 that shoots well. The only thing I don't like about the Glocks are the factory sights, I prefer the three dot sights. I'm planning on getting a Glock 29 (10mm comp.) and a Baby Eagle .40. I've just got into reloading, so my ammo is much cheaper now.:)

Shooting my .45 was pushing me to get a reloader. Now, I just shoot more 9 and 40. Plus, I shoot a lot of rimfire when I'm feeling broke. I have my eye on a nice little .22 by Walther...the P22. Maybe get a supressor....so much for cheap.

FN FAL said:
HK USP .40 cal for me. I don't have anything against glocks, I just never came to fancy them.

A lot of people do like them though.

You wouldn't be an FFDO would you?

Latest resources

Back