Top 10 List

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

When I get a transponder code change, I put the new code in the transponder.

I figure I have acknowledged the controller via his/her radar scope and my transponder, so a radio call acknowledging the transponder code change is redundant.

Opinions???

cliff
YIP
"Jet USA xxx" (mostly Falcon 20s and DC-9s)

I agree although I don't work a ARTCC or TRACON. My old flying days I cringed when I heard people respond with, "Roger, Identing." If you hit the Ident button I think that is acknowledgment when recieving the instruction. Same as a XPDR change, although rare, it is definatly acknolwedged when you change codes. No need to read it back unless you want clarification on the beacon code.

When given the clearance, why can't get guys repeat "cleared for take-off" instead of "cleared to go"? "Cleared to go" sure sounds sloppy to me, but "on the roll" or "on the go" is even worse.

Not a bad idea to add the runway to "cleared for take-off" if at a mutliple runway airport too.

Last edited:
Cliff,

Not sure if you saw my reply in the other thread, but for several reasons mentioned there, it's preferred for people to read back the code so the controller doesn't have to wait, or stare at the datablock (where if it's a datablock, it's time shared so could be a while before noticing the bad code is gone).

Ident? yeah, that's no biggie.

I have to second hating transmissions that begin with "and". Where in god's name did that come from? And what? Most everyone on the radio is professional and clear, but there are a few guys out here who are trying to sound all cool. I hate to say this but most of them are the 400 hour wonders who might as well be sitting in row 18. At least back there they couldn't make things worse by doing half of the crap we've spent these 5 pages complaining about.
To the controllers: You probably don't really hear it enough, but we really do appreciate you. A lot of these prima donnas b!tch and moan that you suck just because they were given delays, but most of us realize that you're doing your best and we haven't got the big picture. ....besides, in my book you're doing a great job since we're not all smackin into eachother, regardless of how long it takes us to get there!

Latest resources

Back