Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

buckdanny

Hi,

I read on another board thatairlines won't hire you or even interview you if you have too long of an addresses history. Is that true? That guy claimed that he didn't get an interview for a year until he just changed his applications to show only his parents address as his only one while in college, instead of the usual 6+ a typical college student has. And then boom! He landed interviews. Is that true? I'm getting worried because I filled apps and I'm not getting interviews. I have 13 diffrent addresses for the last 10 years due tu a lot of moving while in college, study abroad, post-09/11 job hust, etc...

Thanks for your inputs!

Buck

I read on another board thatairlines won't hire you or even interview you if you have too long of an addresses history

Do you generally place a 10 year address history on your resume? Everytime I've sent a resume in I've only used my current one.. Resumes are usually what get you an interview.

chperplt said:
Do you generally place a 10 year address history on your resume? Everytime I've sent a resume in I've only used my current one.. Resumes are usually what get you an interview.

yeah, leave all the complicated stuff for the 10 year background check after the interview. Not that i'd know **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**, I'm just a FA.

Let me clarify

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

My resume only has my current address. I'm talking about online applications, and applications they make you fill at the interview itself.

I have never interviewed, so I do not know how that goes once you are there.

Thanks,

buck

Sounds like BS to me. Prior to my current address, I had 18 addresses in 12 years & I got interviewed and hired. Just don't leave any gaps of more than 30 days in either address or employment history. Good luck!

Take a look at your resume and cover letter. Might be the problem -- might not. Airline Pilot Interviews, by Irv Jasinski (sp?) which you can buy through Amazon has good templates. Plain, but "airline standard," and that's what they want.

Thanks for the responses, I will look into this book!

Buck

buckdanny said:
I read on another board thatairlines won't hire you or even interview you if you have too long of an addresses history. Is that true? That guy claimed that he didn't get an interview for a year until he just changed his applications to show only his parents address as his only one while in college, instead of the usual 6+ a typical college student has. And then boom! He landed interviews. Is that true? I'm getting worried because I filled apps and I'm not getting interviews. I have 13 diffrent addresses for the last 10 years due tu a lot of moving while in college, study abroad, post-09/11 job hust, etc...
For resume purposes they just need to know how to get in contact with you. For the background check my thoughts are these......Most college students move several times during their college careers. It's not a permanent address situation. I considered my parents address my permanent address during that time and, for a few years after college, when I was not living in a permanent situation. My opinion is that they aren't looking for your crash pad, dorm room or other temporary situations. If they are then have them handy and put them down. For the resume though just the place they can contact you and point out that you meet the published requirements. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back