• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rajflyboy

You got to be freakin kidding me?

fit testing out of the XL ?

thats completely wrong at the highest of levels and more lost seniority for some

It’s the seat height. The XL can be fit test out of. The XLS has different seats and no fit testing out of that. It is what it is I gues...

It is what it is

another way to skirt the seniority system

There are few guys over 6 foot 4 but other than those folks this fit out stuff is just total crap. Entitlement at its best.

It’s not like it’s that common on the XL’s...

Nothing like the Phenom fit test where over half of a displaced class fit test out of that. I’m guessing there is less than a dozen who’ve tested out of the XL.

We fly small white planes. Unless the company places weight and height standards during hiring then you’re going to have this pop up from time to time.

It’s not like it’s that common on the XL’s...

Nothing like the Phenom fit test where over half of a displaced class fit test out of that. I’m guessing there is less than a dozen who’ve tested out of the XL.

We fly small white planes. Unless the company places weight and height standards during hiring then you’re going to have this pop up from time to time.

there are maybe two people that truly fit test out

the rest are on an entitlement/skirt the seniority plan

there are maybe two people that truly fit test out

the rest are on an entitlement/skirt the seniority plan
Off the Nom or the XL? If it’s the XL you have a point. As for the Phenom well that’s a different matter. Did a static display last tour and hopped on my friends Nom...bumped my head, twisted my ankke, didn’t even attempt to climb into the cockpit! That thing is tiny. (I’ve actually sat in one and couldn’t get full deflection w the yoke...with the seat all the way down).

I think you’re barking up the wrong tree though. I’d offer the six or seven G200 displacements that skirted the XL and went straight to the Latitude, as more egregious. Then they displace all but the last round of Hawker bubbas to the XL? The Falcon displacements went straight to the 350, a fleet commensurate w their own (as it should be)....but that’s just me...

*point of order*

to clarify, the G200 guys were displaced to the Hawker then less than a year later were displaced to the Nom, fit test out, and then were awarded the Lat...that was a whole other ball of wax (not fair to those guys) but you can see how messy this has become just by that turd called a Phenom...

Last edited:
Phenom has guys over 6 foot 3 flying it

vast majority Fit Out because they don’t want to fly it
Just because there are doesn’t mean there should be. I know one of those 6’3’ bubbas and he’s there because of his NRFO position. Is he “safe”?

That’s a determination the company/Union has made for folks that don’t feel like the “ski maneuver” is an acceptable remedy for a piss poor designed “signature” aircraft.

Seems like you are advocating that people should be forced on the airframe if they don’t fit?

The majority don’t agree w that stance.

Just because there are doesn’t mean there should be. I know one of those 6’3’ bubbas and he’s there because of his NRFO position. Is he “safe”?

That’s a determination the company/Union has made for folks that don’t feel like the “ski maneuver” is an acceptable remedy for a piss poor designed “signature” aircraft.

Seems like you are advocating that people should be forced on the airframe if they don’t fit?

The majority don’t agree w that stance.

You are wrong on that. People want a true seniority system (not several ways to skirt the system). People are tired of the shananigans.

You are wrong on that. People want a true seniority system (not several ways to skirt the system). People are tired of the shananigans.

Reasonable people can disagree and I admit people have used the system to get off the airframe (I’d have done the same if the situation presented itself) but that Genie has been out of the bottle for years now. Not sure why you’re hot and bothered now?

This isn’t a problem of the pilots making. This was a company F’up from the word go.

At this point it has been determined by both company and union that being of a certain stature, you safely can’t fly the Phenom. Why they haven’t made that a hard and fast rule across the board and applied it to current residents of the Nom is beyond me. They have made it a hard and fast rule for new hires though.

On that, there can be no argument. This is one of those issues you have to know when to retreat...not fall on your sword for.

Latest resources

Back