Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

VADriver

Bill Moyers' Journal
Friday, June 8, 900pm CHANNEL 26 (WETA TV 26)
An examination of why airline executives receive sky-high compensation despite the cuts in pay and benefits their workforces have endured in recent years. Also: reporter Christian Parenti, who recently returned from Afghanistan.

Thank God Real Journalists are still around... its unfortunate that people are glued to the CNNs and Fox News'

really didn't say much. it came across as whiney workers jealous of executive comp plans.

can we get news stories about the real problems? they should have focused on how the pilots work 50% more with 50% less (instead of one sentence) and how this affects SAFETY. how about an antiquated bargaining process that wasn't even designed for this industry?

really didn't say much. it came across as whiney workers jealous of executive comp plans.

can we get news stories about the real problems? they should have focused on how the pilots work 50% more with 50% less (instead of one sentence) and how this affects SAFETY. how about an antiquated bargaining process that wasn't even designed for this industry?

You think the government has some desire to change labor bargaining practices? They and the real oligarchy that runs this country have us just where they want us.

You think the government has some desire to change labor bargaining practices? They and the real oligarchy that runs this country have us just where they want us.

agree 100%. the govt has no desire, but it is a problem forcing our hand today. RLA reform should be at the top of everyone's list.

Ummm, correct me if im wrong but if you are a pilot and want to make more money, quit being a pilot and go work for management...or somewhere else that pays higher. And if you are management, and want to make less money, but have more freedom from behind the desk, then quit and go be a pilot, or some other job that pays less.
But what do I know, I only lasted as a low-life regional pilot for 6 months before I quit the circus and decided to make more money then most mainline pilots. (Oh, and I spend about 4 hours a week behind a desk)
Its just my .02 that everyone needs to take responsibility for themselves...unless you are incapable...but then again, its easier to btich.

Last edited:
But what do I know, I only lasted as a low-life regional pilot for 6 months before I quit the circus and decided to make more money then most mainline pilots. (Oh, and I spend about 4 hours a week behind a desk)

What do you do? That sounds like good pay and QOL to go along with it!

Sawmill--Great that you got out and got something better. Most of us here WANT to fly (not want to AVOID flying like managment) AND we want to improve our working conditions.

I don't believe it's an "either/or" situation. TC

Latest resources

Back