Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MickeySlapnutz

I just wanna be loved....
"The new Airbus flights are part of an overall strategic plan to reduce the total number of CRJ departures throughout the Independence Air system, while increasing total Airbus departures by serving more East Coast destinations and fewer cities in the West."

Fewer cities in the West....I'll say......only 1. I thought thats where the airbus was gonna save the day for FLYi???

So the west coast A319 service was just a head fake.....you know...throw the other teams off balance...keep 'em guessing. I could have sworn I have heard at least 3 other overall stategic plans from this outfit in the last 6 months alone.This east coast airbus gig takes the cake and the cream filled center.

I think the real overall stategic plan will be comeing out soon.

Your pal......
Mickey

MickeySlapnutz said:
"The new Airbus flights are part of an overall strategic plan to reduce the total number of CRJ departures throughout the Independence Air system, while increasing total Airbus departures by serving more East Coast destinations and fewer cities in the West."

Fewer cities in the West....I'll say......only 1. I thought thats where the airbus was gonna save the day for FLYi???

So the west coast A319 service was just a head fake.....you know...throw the other teams off balance...keep 'em guessing. I could have sworn I have heard at least 3 other overall stategic plans from this outfit in the last 6 months alone.This east coast airbus gig takes the cake and the cream filled center.

I think the real overall stategic plan will be comeing out soon.

Your pal......
Mickey

Wall Street analyst are saying flyi is a good buy! You got me? I'd say they were finished, but they also said that about US Air.

Look at the economics of the transcons for Indy. What are the one way fares from IAD to the West Coast, maybe $99 one way to compete with UA? Then you have to fly 5 or 6 hours and burn a lot of gas. I flew JFK to SFO a few days ago and with the 100 knot headwinds it took 6 hours and 48 minutes total on the 757. If Indy switched the A319s to shorter flights in duration (like LGA or some FLA cities) they could fly more flights and make more money charging the same fares---$99 one way to MCO or LGA or PBI etc.. It makes sense to fly less transcons and fly more North to South etc. with the remaining A319s.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Just saw here on the news that IDE is cutting back the flights here in CLT to 3 a day. That's a big jump. I'm not sure if they're going to pull the A319's off the IAD-CLT routes.
Also heard that they're closing IND and SWF.

Good Luck to all the ACA/IDE guys.

ILStoMinimums said:
How many CRJ's left in the fleet? Are they all scheduled to be replaced?

They will be going from 58 to 30 or so by the end of the year.

Good luck to each and everyone of my former colleagues who are still there. Great pilot group. Terrible management.

Latest resources

Back