• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To type or not to type that is the question? SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why the short post? Usually yours are more robust. Do you have personal experience with this, or is it just a hunch?

Bc I already said my piece. I have had personal experience with this. The poster above said it well-
A 737 is a large transport category airliner- it should be a positive anywhere- even Jetblu who flies only ABs. It's a way that you can improve yourself while qualifying for one of the best jobs out there- and now, do it for not that much money and time-
Be prepared to answer but it's EASILY overcome and certainly is NOT a dead giveaway that SWA is your #1 choice over any other

If they did get rid of the type requirement, that will sure put a hurtin on places like HPA. I'm sure the 737 type schools will strongly lobby for SWA to keep the requirement in place!

We will not end up type-rating all AAI guys that need it...way too expensive.

When the time comes for the Airtran guys to go through up-grade training they will need to be typed. Did you not know this? They will get their type-rating by an on staff DE. It will be the same ground training. The oral may be more extensive. This does not cost the company more money. Why are you trying to make this hard?

On the Delta App. they ask whether you have a 737 Type rating. I wonder if answering "Yes" gives you positive or negative points on their application. Made me wonder why they didn't ask if you have an MD-80 type or a 75/76 type. One would think that the question is there for a reason...

I know someone who started at Delta in October. He had the type and no recommendations. He was turned down by Southwest. I'd say the type helped him at Delta.

Latest resources

Back