Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kmox29

I'm open! I'm open!
Going from DTW to MSP. The CA did an outstanding job of getting all 4 of us (3 XJ type) jumpseaters onboard.

All flights to MSP were overbooked and oversold (another example of why redtail loses money?). The CA went far above and beyond what he needed to do and pulled a "because I'm the Captain" routine when the gate agents were trying to stymie his plan of sticking us in the FA jumpseats.

Outstanding job!

Also, kudos to the FA who (when I asked for another snack pack because I hadn't eaten in 10 hours), gave me his crew meal.

After the standard 14 hour, 7 leg, 7:58 day.....I can't thank you enough.

...Not sure if it was me......did bring a "group" home for Chistmas....anyway, we all need to take care of eachother......Our pleasure........Welcome aboard!

jetflier said:
...Not sure if it was me......did bring a "group" home for Chistmas....anyway, we all need to take care of eachother......Our pleasure........Welcome aboard!

It was on the 27th on an A320. I agree with you 100% jetflier. Since nobody will take care of us, we should take care of eachother. Back when we could do the weight and balance on the Saab, I ALWAYS seemed to find enough room to allow a jumpseater on. Even with the "new" system, I will stay and fight until the last minute for a jumpseater.

nwa rocks for jumpseating

Not that other carriers don't do a great job of helping out jumpseaters who need a ride, (PLEASE don't start some flame bait thing..thats not the topic), but I have had by far the best luck with NWA.. many Captains have gone above and beyond his/her call of duty and helped me out. The best one was a Captain who pulled "its my ship" with the gate agent, and got me home when I was stuck in Paris... It kind of helped that this was his last trip of a long career...he felt bad that he had about 8 non revs (his family) along on the trip! Thanks NWA guys/gals. Good luck in the future too.

Last edited:
I used to Jump on NWA from DTW to DEN all the time. You guys are a class act. When flight were full there would always be a non reving FO or CA that would change to the jumpseat to get me on. I was always treated better by NWA then I was by my own carrier.

Ditto on the Kudos for NWA. Never had a bad experience with you guys. Hope to repay the favor some day.

I use NWA regualarly to go to/fom work. Often the flight is full. Often, jumpseating Capts have given up the cockpit jumpseat to sit in a FA jumpseat so I can ride.

Professional, graceful and civil.

I do my best to respectfully request the jumpseat with a combination of humilty and self respect. (hint)

There will always be one or two bad apples, but that is what plan B is for.

We have to take care of each other..cause no one else will....

Last edited:
Gentleman you are all welcome however some of what I've read here is a big no no so please not on a public web site.

So true about taking care of each other. The gate agents need to know that the Capt has the final says so. (In most situations)
Nice to hear that NWA is looking out for us.

Latest resources

Back