Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LegacyDriver

Moving Target
Thanks for blasting my brand new windshield for 15 minutes at 60% thrust on the ramp.

What kind of a moron does a runup on the ramp with a jet right behind him? Even worse, what were you thinking trying to taxi out without checking the chocks? My co-pilot is a former special forces grunt and he was ready to tear parts out of your head.

Please folks try to remember what's around you when you do a runup.

*rant mode off*

Sorry. Just had to vent and I apologize to all.

A little challenger exhust would not have even been noticed in a solid airplane such as, oh, maybe a Gulftsream.

Sorry, I just had to!!!!!!!!!

LegacyDriver said:
Thanks for blasting my brand new windshield for 15 minutes at 60% thrust on the ramp.

What kind of a moron does a runup on the ramp with a jet right behind him? Even worse, what were you thinking trying to taxi out without checking the chocks? My co-pilot is a former special forces grunt and he was ready to tear parts out of your head.

Please folks try to remember what's around you when you do a runup.

*rant mode off*

Sorry. Just had to vent and I apologize to all.

Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago, I walked around to the front of the offending Falcon driver and he moved. He apologized later and said he just plain forgot.

We all make mistakes, dont we?

I hope it was a mistake. But he saw me standing there with a look of disapproval as he removed his chocks and acted as if he had no clue of what he was doing. I just can't understand why you would run an engine at more than taxi thrust in a crowded ramp area. That's what runup areas are for I thought...

I also realize sydseet is joking around, but even a G-Whiz windshield probably doesn't appreciate being sandblasted for very long.

Any way, the guy will never read this and will never know what he did, but I do feel better about it now that I have finally vented. :)

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion. Thanks for letting me get it out. (The other poster who called out the radio guy at KTEB gave me the courage to do it.)

You should check for any damage. Even a minimal amount. The person operating the aircraft is responsible for its actions. Not having enough common sense, manners, or courtesy to take proper precautions in order to prevent these types of things is not your fault or problem. If there is so much as a nick, you should have them pay for it and maybe next time they will go to the run up area to do their run ups. Look at it like this, if it were your own personal airplane, you'd have gone over there and put the skids on it. You think an M.D. in his baron would have allowed that to go on? Stupid stuff like this needs to stop and assessing financial penalties will facilitate that. Just my thoughts..........

Hugh Johnson said:
What kind of dumb ass stands around and watches someone blast his new windshield for 15 minutes?
Though I agree watching someone pelt my W/S for 15 minutes is something I would not have allowed to go on, there is probably a better way to ask your question in a manner reflecting professionalism.

HawkerF/O said:
Though I agree watching someone pelt my W/S for 15 minutes is something I would not have allowed to go on, there is probably a better way to ask your question in a manner reflecting professionalism.
Should it have been posed in a professional manner such as THIS? :) Just busting your chops...

waveoff said:
Should it have been posed in a professional manner such as THIS? :) Just busting your chops...
That stings a little. It's just been one of those days!! I was a bit quick to respond to him, but I don't think I was rude and I didnt call anybody names.

we need a dedicated forum setup to let people know how they screwed us over earlier in the day. for example:

to the westwind crew in ATL tonight: thanks for taking the last bag of nacho cheese doritos from the vending machine, what was i supposed to eat then, cool ranch?

this way if you cut someone off on the taxiway, cut someone off on final, make a comment over the radio about someones takeoff roll, or sandblast someones windshield, you can check the forum when you get home and see how they really feel about you.

Latest resources

Back