Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

to the cal guys-just make 70 seaters pure united?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So if it is pure UAX, is a code share allowed? That is what I saw in other threads that may block that. They could do it as UAX, but then the pax don't get to just change airplanes at the Continental hub onto a Continental flight without buying separate tickets for each leg. I'm not sure if that is correct- just what I read elsewhere. Anyone have any facts that either back or smack down the conjecture I've heard- just curious? I hope this is true and heads off the end-around.

So if it is pure UAX, is a code share allowed? That is what I saw in other threads that may block that. They could do it as UAX, but then the pax don't get to just change airplanes at the Continental hub onto a Continental flight without buying separate tickets for each leg. I'm not sure if that is correct- just what I read elsewhere. Anyone have any facts that either back or smack down the conjecture I've heard- just curious? I hope this is true and heads off the end-around.
They could get around the code change in IAH by using an interline agreement. No different than if a pax books a ticket on Travelocity and uses 2 different airlines. It's pretty standard and allows for the seamless transfer of bags and ticketing.

Management is against 2 contracts now. They cant fly 70's on CO routes and they are maxed out on allowable uax flying on UAL's contract. They jsut lost one battle do you think they are going to give up that easy? Maybe now they realize the uniaon is not going to give in. UAL stock will drop because of this and wall street aint gonna be happy!

Someone just stated United itself might already be very close to their own 70 seat limit, so that is why they tried to put them on the CAL side. Now, they might be in a bind. I don't know if that is true or not.

Yep...and you can only squeeze a balloon so many ways before she pops.

SCOPE

Who says they are close to reaching the limit of 70 seaters at United? Last time I checked there is NO LIMIT on the number of 70 Seat Aircraft. The only limit is 50% of the block hours can be flown by express carriers(which they are nowhere near). It doesn't matter what aircraft is flown. Add a new international route and you can add several more 70 seaters. Take out a few turbo props, add a few 70 seaters.

What am I missing???????

Where are you guys getting your intel?

New ftdt rules, possible icba by end of2011,
The Flight/Duty/Rest rules are required by LAW (NOTHING to do with the FAA) to be IN FORCE before 1 Aug 2011. The chances of Congress gutting the new rules, associated with airline safety for passengers, is less than zero.

Two or more business aviation coalitions petitioned the FAA to expand the time for comments, to delay the rule changes, and the FAA said "NO" in each case.

cliff
GRB
PS-A post I read quite a while ago from a CAL pilot said that CAL mgmt had already programmed the increased number of pilots that CAL would need with the probable F/D/R rules in force...I think it was 7/8% or 15%...can't remember the exact %.

Who says they are close to reaching the limit of 70 seaters at United? Last time I checked there is NO LIMIT on the number of 70 Seat Aircraft. The only limit is 50% of the block hours can be flown by express carriers(which they are nowhere near). It doesn't matter what aircraft is flown. Add a new international route and you can add several more 70 seaters. Take out a few turbo props, add a few 70 seaters.

What am I missing???????

Where are you guys getting your intel?

I think its up to 88 - 90%, from united, source: me, while watching my job go bye-bye!!! I think there has already been issues brought up, cause UAL wasn't counting props in the time and it has already exceeded 100%, but the mec only filed a grievence.

What are you missing, times are gonna change!!!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back