• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To the Avantair guys/gals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If one is hired, is it for a specific "gateway", or can you live in any of these? Thanks.

I interviewed September 3rd and was contacted one week later offering a job. I asked for Atlanta, because that is where I live, but the recruiter informed me that Atlanta was not available now. I asked why not, and she told me that it is too expensive in Atlanta now, and she was told by management to put Atlanta on hold. 90% of the other bases had at least 1 slot available though.

Does anyone at Avantair know what is expensive about Atlanta? Flights are cheap with AirTran and Delta flying all over the nation. It doesn't make sense to me. If anyone has any information about commuting with Avantair please pm me. It looks like I'll have to drive at least 4 hours to commute to work.

I interviewed September 3rd and was contacted one week later offering a job. I asked for Atlanta, because that is where I live, but the recruiter informed me that Atlanta was not available now. I asked why not, and she told me that it is too expensive in Atlanta now, and she was told by management to put Atlanta on hold. 90% of the other bases had at least 1 slot available though.

Does anyone at Avantair know what is expensive about Atlanta? Flights are cheap with AirTran and Delta flying all over the nation. It doesn't make sense to me. If anyone has any information about commuting with Avantair please pm me. It looks like I'll have to drive at least 4 hours to commute to work.

That sucks. Tell the recruiter that you applied based upon the availability of ATL. It was available when you applied and you were under the impression that it would remain that way. You might not have applied otherwise... The fact that they would change it now is ludicrous given that so many potential pilots (Airtran, ASA, etc.) come from the ATL area. If you were buying something they would call that "bait and switch."

I hope you have your resume in with Netjets, Citationshares and XOJet as well because I believe they all offer ATL domiciles. Good luck!

Latest resources

Back