To the ADMIN

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FLpilot

Something has got to be done about the discussions on RJDC, scope, wholly owned vs. contract carriers, etc. It is getting out of hand! You can't read through half of the threads here without retreading the same arguments from the same people. I am sick of it, even threads that start out innoncently quickly turn ugly as soon as someone show up to put a "scope" or "rjdc" spin on an otherwise benign topic. The issue has become as disruptive to these boards as PFT once was and something has got to be done. I'm not proposing censorship, or giving Surplus1 and Flydeltasjets their own forum, but maybe create a seperate forum for industry "hot button" issues to cut down on the amount of garbage here at the main forum. The main forum should be reserved for peace loving folk who are simply looking for advice and information. How about it?

I second that...no censorship, just a little home of its own. It has certainly become worthy of a place for itself.

I find it to be some of the more interesting reading I've done on this board. People debating points about an industry that is their lively hood sparks my attention and interest. Their posts aren't "clogging" up the rest of the board. If ya don't want to read it, don't click on the post.

"If you don't want to read it. don't click on the post."

Somehow I knew that comment would find it's way in to the one of the replies. You're missing the point, you can't get it away from it, it's plastered everywhere. You also did not address my suggestion, create a new forum where you can go and read all of the long winded RJDC threads you want. Leave the main forum to the rest of us. Just an idea but I think it would go a long way in restoring some peace here.

I have no objections to the creation of an area where posts of that nature can be displayed... Politics are a big part of the job.

Why not just merge the posts into one section. Your can organize them by Date of Posting, or maybe by the number of postings they have listed in their profile.

Whatever you choose, be careful. Some of the mainline guys might no want to be in the same forum with the regionals. Additionally the RJDC might bring a lawsuite again this board if it doesn't get what it wants.

Take my advise or I'll call my MEC.

FM

Somehow I knew that comment would find it's way in to the one of the replies. You're missing the point, you can't get it away from it, it's plastered everywhere.

Of course this comment was made. You have the option to click on it, simple as that.

The issue has become as disruptive to these boards as PFT once was and something has got to be done.

I believe that more good came from the PFT discussions and disruption had very little to do with it. Pilots even posted that they decided against PFT based on posts from this message board. I imagine that this scope/rjdc discussion provokes thought as well. How is it "disruption" if you don't (again) click on it?

What's next? Someone might actually want a seperate forum to discuss message board issues?

The main forum should be reserved for peace loving folk who are simply looking for advice and information

Many topics aren't so cut and dry that they wouldn't be related to another category. For some folks, the "advice and information" is imbedded in various hot topic issues.

I'm not trying to make a big deal of this. I'm just surprised that this came up at all.

If you've been around these boards long enough you'll recall that on the old Aviation Message Board PFT discussions were banned. Why is the RJDC debate allowed to run rampant? I'm not saying they don't have the right to express their views, but when every thread is used to promote an agenda it borders on SPAM.

--I edited out some of the wording in my post it was a little stronger then I intended I didn't want this thread to turn in to yet another RJDC debate. Lets keep this thread on topic, there has to be a solution to the constant bickering.

Last edited:
Since I was one of the "offenders" named prehaps I could offer a suggestion.

Maybe we could have a General Aviation section where pilots with no interest in airline related issues could browse to their hearts content and never come across anything that had to do with airline pilots.

Then we could have an Air Carrier section for airline pilots to talk about things that interest them.

If we go that way, I promise not to read anything that I find of no interest to me personally. I also promise that I won't write about private pilot issues.

It would probably be a lot easier to just not click on the threads that we all know involve the airline industry, but whatever it takes to make you happy is ok with me, as long as you don't limit me to reading about 172s and matters that interest student pilots.

Surplus1,

I appreciate the suggestion but maybe I want to read about airline issues without reading about the RJDC every time. No offense but RJDC supporters sometimes come off like Johovas Witness trying to "spread the word" to anyone who will listen. Yes it's true no one will force you to read the pamphlet, but they are still going to hand it to you every chance they get. I say move the debate to a new section for current airline issues or something along those lines. The notion that RJDC threads are clearly marked is just not true, you can't even mention Mesa or Skywest anymore without it turning in to a 5 page marathon RJDC debate. There has to be a better way.

Latest resources

Back