Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Scabs

It's actually pretty simple.

Scabs always find a way to justify what they're doing.

People have a tendency to do that.

There are other jobs outside of aviation that will put food on the table. It can be done without taking another pilot's job.

I was involved in the hiring process before they shut it down and I will be involved again when things turn around. We never called a pilot for an interview that was a scab. When things start up again we won't call any, and if by some miracle or mistake we do, they won't get any further than the interview.

In other words, if you take a scab job it better be one you want to keep permanently cuz you're staying there.

You all need to be a little more cautious with how you use the word SCAB. A SCAB is someone who crosses the picket line of his trade union or one that his union is honoring. PERIOD. If you don't like the way a management is running another company then don't work for them. But DO NOT call someone who decides to a SCAB. I am not intimately familiar with what is going on at freedom air but I understand the jist of it. Management is simply doing what they do. It is apperently allowed under the agreement they have with the Mesa pilot group. They have the opportunity to change this and I am sure they will try to. Until then all of you who like to use the word SCAB so loosely need to think about it a little harder.

the crux of the matter

the problem as I see it is too many share an uninformed view which makes this knee jerk reaction to pilots taking non union jobs. I'm not anti-union, just anti-bullcrap. Due to a lack of words and substance to discussion, they banter on about the saving of jobs when in actuality, the problem is far too big for them to undertand; and they don't don't realize this economic downturn we're in and its far reaching effects... it's funny how when an NFL coach is under fire, its usually because he isn't winning games. win some games and the bullhockey stops flying.

bring some jobs to the people and they'll start flying and your wages will go up. As for continually bashing management for everything. Fine. you got two choices take it or leave it.

Johnny paycheck said it best! take this job and shove it. In my view, if you come on here and philosophy like Nimrod with his r-e-s-p-e-c-t post then offer some solutions and quit this frickin whining.

example: how much pay is satisfactory and what do you base those cost on?

if your pay is satisfactory , is there anyhting else you want to complain about.

Would you rather be be doing something else?

It is true that most senior dudes don't give a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** about us new guys or the future of the industry, they just want to squeeze the last few bucks out of the system before they retire. You really think they are going to vote in favor of anything that improves the future of our industry espicially one that might take money out of their 5th wife or boat fund, hah, yea right! They don't dive a crap and most of don't even know who their regional carriers are were they fly or if they are even alpa or not. The only thing they care about is if its going to be sunny for their tee time on saturday.

They've paid their dues so they just want money and thats it!

To those of you idiots who throw the term "Scab" around on a daily basis, you do nothing more than undermine what it actually is!

A Scab is a person who has crossed a PICKET LINE.
A Scab is listed by the Union.

Inform these guys that they are making a dumb move, don't call them scabs...

Hyperboy, Blade.... you guys have the combined brainpower of a doorknob, you won't last long in this industry!
Dumbasses.....

You seem to be a very articulate person.

You have a battle star that I helped you earn when I gave ALPA money to help YOU while you were on strike!
Lucky for you, the thought of scabing was far off when you had ALPA asking the rest of us for money.

35 you summed that up perfectly. Although I would guess you're wasting your time with that "doorknob".

P.S. Blade, if you want an extra battle star, I'd be happy to sell you mine.

You're missing the point....

Death Threats??????????

You hide behind a veil and make these utterly absurd comments about hanging people?

Is that what you would do?

Latest resources

Back