Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To Any Pilot fathers with great visitation divorce degree????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't believe her!!!! Keep telling your story and never give in. Your only as good as your lawyer, get references. PM me, I;ve got lots of good advise. I went through this about a year ago and have my 4 year old daughter 14 days a month!!!!!! Shocked the ex, it didn't look good in the beginning, but if you DONT SETTLE and show your not a bad dad things will work out. The first thing you need to do is tell her that ALL communication will be done thru email only. Keep records, it amazing how women cannot control their emotions. Remember their is more than one way to skin a cat.

I went through this five years ago. My ex-wife had used a militant-type (for lack of a better description) lawyer. The ex- had also wanted full custody of my (then) four year old son.

She tried to use my career as a justification for sole custody. In MO, the court needs to really be swayed by some stellar evidence of being an unfit parent in order to deny custody of any sort. They stick to the "state standard" and you can negotiate to increase (decrease) visitation accordingly. But to gain sole custody is hard to do. You could be a piss-poor husband but if you're a great Dad, she'd have no leg to stand on.

Recommendations: giving her the house? Have her get life insurance while your name is still on the house.

stlflyguy

I email my ex by the 27th of the month for the next month, I have 1st choice days. they are any wed, thurs.
I also take any 2 of the last 3 weekends, (fri,sat,sun)
so as you can see.
I ws getting wed, thur, fri,sat, and sunday twice a month. plus an normal every other holiday sched.
She gets the first weekend of the month for ever. so as you can see she can plan things then.

Now the reality sets in that she schedules the kids to be very busy on my time. so it often make me sacrifice my events and planning.
good luck.

I went through the same thing 8 years ago.Took six months off of flying.Snapped out of it got an attorney(female) who was knowlegable re: a malady known as malicious mother syndrome and the PAL..parental alienation syndrome.Both produce negative consequences for children let alone the "victim" parent.15 contact days a month are more than most non-flying dads when you consider total contact time.I did what others advised. Document,great attorney,great guardian ad-litem,keep your cool especially in legal settings.I used to say I had the worst career and the worst ex which meant limited contact with my infant daughter.It took a while and a psychology report to boot.But it worked out.My ex spent two weeks in jail for interfering with court directives and visitation schedules.I got custody on that day she was sentenced.Fight the good fight.
The Best Parent is Both Parents......sometimes!!!

Much Luck

Re:cool,under All Circumstances?????

Be Cool. Avoid baseball bats and shovels. I got my kids on all my days off up to half the time. I pay a reduced amount of child support and life is good. Be the better person and it will pay off.[
/quote]

Hey captain c,dude,how cool would you be if your child's mother absconded with your child and it has been 17 years since you have seen him because they have moved 23 times since,and it has been difficult to find the child???

First of all brother......sit and breath really deeply. Understand that she can not do this to you JUST because you are a pilot. I am sure you are a good dad - the best we all can doing this job.

Prepare for a long long war that hopefully will eventually end up as a constant thorn in your side the rest of your life. That is the goal - the more you can both work together to raise your child the better it is for the child. The court is set up supposedly in that way- not what is in the best interest of either you or her but what is in the best interest of the CHILD. That means he/she needs a DAD and a Mom.

That being said - try to get the best family lawyer you can afford and tell them what is going on. Previous advice is good too - document EVERYTHING. Every single call/visit you make to defend you on the abandonment argument. She may badmouth you every chance she gets but suck it up and don't return the favor - it will pay huge dividends in the future. I am very sorry you are going through this.......as you can guess I am as well.

Think tortoise and not hare in this race.........in the end all the effort will be worth it.

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! That means she/he needs a DAD and a MOM. Or a MOM and a MOM or a DAD and a DAD.

Latest resources

Back