Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To Any Pilot fathers with great visitation divorce degree????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skywriter70

Please, if you are a pilot and you have an good divorce decree that allows you great time with your child please share with me. I have an extremely spiteful wife that is trying to strip me of all time with my 3.5 year old daughter. She is playing the, dad is a PILOT and therefor cant be a great dad for his daughter. I have an average of 14 days off schedule, lately even hire, and have 24/7 availablity for my daughter during this time. If you have a divorce decree that you think is really great for a pilot, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, do tell. Email me, fax me, do whatever you can - I really need your help. Start with a private message. Please take the time out to help a fellow pilot.

Thanks

Most states won't allow lack of standard visitation without showing some sort of abuse. I get my kids at least 12 days a month, but my wife is glad to get rid of them, hence the divorce.

Get a good lawyer, keep records, tape phone conversations, put up with her BS for now, and you should prevail.

Best check I write every month.

Please, if you are a pilot and you have an good divorce decree that allows you great time with your child please share with me. I have an extremely spiteful wife that is trying to strip me of all time with my 3.5 year old daughter. She is playing the, dad is a PILOT and therefor cant be a great dad for his daughter. I have an average of 14 days off schedule, lately even hire, and have 24/7 availablity for my daughter during this time. If you have a divorce decree that you think is really great for a pilot, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, do tell. Email me, fax me, do whatever you can - I really need your help. Start with a private message. Please take the time out to help a fellow pilot.

Thanks

First of all brother......sit and breath really deeply. Understand that she can not do this to you JUST because you are a pilot. I am sure you are a good dad - the best we all can doing this job.

Prepare for a long long war that hopefully will eventually end up as a constant thorn in your side the rest of your life. That is the goal - the more you can both work together to raise your child the better it is for the child. The court is set up supposedly in that way- not what is in the best interest of either you or her but what is in the best interest of the CHILD. That means he/she needs a DAD and a Mom.

That being said - try to get the best family lawyer you can afford and tell them what is going on. Previous advice is good too - document EVERYTHING. Every single call/visit you make to defend you on the abandonment argument. She may badmouth you every chance she gets but suck it up and don't return the favor - it will pay huge dividends in the future. I am very sorry you are going through this.......as you can guess I am as well.

Think tortoise and not hare in this race.........in the end all the effort will be worth it.

Understand that she can not do this to you JUST because you are a pilot. I am sure you are a good dad - the best we all can doing this job.

God, I wish that was absolutely true- but it can bite you in the arse.

Get a good... no, GREAT lawyer. The language in the visitation has to be watertight.

But first... Shrek's right. Stop, breathe, and try to be calm. If you start worrying about stripper poles or facial tattoos now, you WILL freak out.

And also get a hot girlfriend, that loves kids and sex, about 3-7 years younger than her. THAT really pisses them off. Make sure the new chick is sickeningly sweet to the ex-wife to be. :)

Get a good... no, GREAT lawyer. The language in the visitation has to be watertight.

Funny how just about everyone on Flight Info rakes lawyers over the coals until you need one, and then the advice is to get the best one you can get.

Having been happily married (once) to an exceptionally talented and ethical lawyer for the past 24 years...it gets a little old.

(Kinda like the knee-jerk Democrat bashing here as well, but that's another story...open your minds, folks.)

A good lawyer is the best advice and also, like mentioned earlier, there are alot of emotions going on so do not fall into the trap of arguing for spite. Let it go now and it will benefit you down the road. Not every divorcee in the world works 9/5 and believe me you are not the first pilot. There will be precedecence set and laws governing "non-standard" visitation.

She will threaten you and worse, threaten to take your child. Relax, its all bs words. I was stupid and fell for it and looking back I would have done things different. I managed to get 10 days/month but gave up just about everything else. Fortunately, we have a decent relationship so things are worked out rather well.

My advice,

Good lawyer, do not negotiate with her directly (thats what the attys for), check your emotions, watch you tongue, DOCUMENT ALL (especially all the days you have your child), keep written records of all your expenses, and oh, yeah, the hot gf thing is a great idea.....

But don't get seriously involved for a couple of years, let things wind down, play the swinging pilot for a while and get yourself in check. (but keep your child away from that, no one should met your child until after several months of dating if not longer). Too many people jump into a serious relationship right away for the wrong reasons...... Have fun with it as best you can, I know I did.....

PM if you want to hear more...

Best of luck

Having been happily married (once) to an exceptionally talented and ethical lawyer for the past 24 years...it gets a little old.

(Kinda like the knee-jerk Democrat bashing here as well, but that's another story...open your minds, folks.)

What?? "Get a sheister, lowlife ambulance chaser to crayola a decree on a napkin" would be fitting advice?

I spoke from experience, Ralph. The details are between me and the original poster.

It is very far from funny.

What?? "Get a sheister, lowlife ambulance chaser to crayola a decree on a napkin" would be fitting advice?

I spoke from experience, Ralph. The details are between me and the original poster.

It is very far from funny.

Sig,

After living with a lawyer for the past 24+ years, I am well aware of the importance of excellent legal representation. I see my wife every day strive to provide the best, most effective and ethical representation she can. If you were able to perform a Flight Info search on the topic of "Kill the Lawyers" or something similar, you'd find pages of vitriolic condemnation of the legal profession as a whole. Until, that is, you need one for your own personal reasons...then, it's find the best one you can and Katy bar the door.

If there were no lawyers, there would be no judicial system. Society would degrade into anarchy or fascism faster than you could fly between MDW and ORD. The system is not perfect. There are significant flaws in both the tort and criminal systems. But for the most part, the flaws are not the lawyers themselves. For my wife and her partners, ethics trumps all. If it ain't right, they're not gonna do it.

People can't have it both ways. If you condemn lawyers one day, don't come looking for their help sometime down the line.

I'm not saying that you personally ever posted an anti-lawyer slam...I'm too lazy to do a search...I'm just commenting on the pervasive anti-lawyer sentiment on this board and how it disappears when someone actually needs representation.

Kinda like nobody on this site wants to pay taxes but they have no problem driving on interstates or landing at public use airports or riding public transportation or spending two billion dollars a week in Iraq blowing things up or accepting their farm subsidy check for their "hay farm" in Texas...but, once again, that's another topic......

I'm a proud graduate of the Tom Leykis/ Andy Randead school of thought.....

http://www.thegreatfemalecon.com/

Listen to the radio cast on the left of the screen...........I was once de-balled but now I am Found Brotha!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back