To Ameriflight pilots out there

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PA31Driver

Hi guys, do any of you know if we have been approved for CASS? I heard a rumour the other day and was wondering.

Hazlett said something in the winter meeting about how he turned in all the paper work and that it was only a matter of time. I jumpseated last week, but my mug still wasn't in the CASS database. Who knows.

I heard that we were waiting on approval from the TSA(as well as everyone else wanting to participate). Last thing I heard about that was a few months ago and the word was 90 days. So Im thinking any day/year now. I think a good start would be the ability to JS on our OWN flights without the current approval process. On a seperate yet very related note, I would like to thank the captain last night that denied me a ride home from BUR because he wanted to play flight school with a PFT first officer. You would think that we could all stick together to help each other in things like getting home when its 1 AM and youve been working doubles all week. Sorry about the rant, but WTF..

freighthumper said:
On a seperate yet very related note, I would like to thank the captain last night that denied me a ride home from BUR because he wanted to play flight school with a PFT first officer. You would think that we could all stick together to help each other in things like getting home when its 1 AM and youve been working doubles all week. Sorry about the rant, but WTF..

So, the Captain took the First Officer instead of letting you jumpseat? If that's what you're saying then, yea, that IS a bit ridiculous. :rolleyes:

unless it's for company business, i don't think we're allowed to jumpseat our own aircraft at all right now. that sucks, but it's the right thing to do.

btw, i don't know about cass, but it sounds like we're about to start carrying enough nuclear material to make a BUFF driver nervous.

Cass

We are now officially in the cass system (at least with SWA). I just jumped last week and the agent no longer needs to write "cabin rider" on our paperwork. Finally!....now, i'm not sure about other carriers, but for sure we're on board with Southwest.

Awesome! I'll try it next weekend.

Hey freighthumper, did you tell your ACP about that Capt. taking the F.O. instead of you? I was of the understanding that if a Capt. needs a ride, the F.O. can be bumped.

I am amazed anyone allows you to ride the jumpseat when you cannot even ride your own a/c. Now you are in CASS...amazing! I wish you all luck. So if I show up at your a/c at 0100, can I get a ride?

Yeah I talked to the official power that is at AMF, and he said that since it was company business he should have bumped the FO..not that it got me home any earlier that night... but at least I heard it from the "horses mouth".
If I was a real schmo Id tell everyone his name in a hope that someone out there would strand his PFT supporting A$$ some night..but I wont.. Just dont be a a$$hole to other people trying to get home..is that too much to ask?

Latest resources

Back