Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

10nCLR

Oh, Yeah!
So I hear you're flying to the wonderful Pitkin County(KASE) airport this winter. Oh boy, you'll have fun with that. So what are your landing mins and alternate plans if they divert? It will definitely be an operational learning experience.
Btw, its a great flt to jumpseat on.

ASE is a mess right now. The runway just got a nice little extension, so it is now 8005 ft-currently 7005 avail for landing. The ILS however, is still OTS. I work for a 91/135 place now, but we have 9-10 flights a week now, and that number will soon skyrocket.

ASE is by far, the WORST airport in the US. I friggin hate it. Ohh, and just plan of going to GJT.

At AWI, our no alternate into ASE mins were 4000-4. However, we always planned GJT as the alternate for ASE.

Nightmare. Absolute nightmare. Some places should just go away, and this being one of them..and oh, throw KJAC in there while we are at it

Ouch, good luck. I remember our completion factor there at one point was 0% for a month.

Ummm the all navaids operational... Has been since the runway construction was finished last tuesday... I deal with the mess called ASE everyday....

"Lloyd: What the hell are we doing here, Harry? We gotta get out of this town!
Harry: Oh yeah, and go where? Where are we gonna go?
Lloyd: I'll tell you where. Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called Aspen.
Harry: Oh, I don't know, Lloyd. The French are ****************************************.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109686/quotes?qt0383412

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back