To All Fractional Excel Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
noprops.com

Might be a stupid question but I'm gonna ask anyway. Must of what is on there requires powerpoint. I dont have that, can you download it anywhere or do you just have to buy it.

IP

Excelh

Hey, IP. IM me, and I'll help you out too,. I'm on the Excel and I'm new, so let me know if I can help.

Tom

IP,
I am not fortunate enough to be a net Jet pilot, however went o FSI in ICT back in April and got my Excel type. What they want you to know is the red boxed items in the checklist. there are not many. Most you should already know having flown heavy airplanes. As to the FMS it can take days to learn. Do not panic though it will come in time. They will teach you the basics in class.They also have a simulator and books so you can play with it on your time or between sim sessions. That box is amazing.
The airplane itself is sweet to fly. Just pay attention in class and it will fall into place. Nothing is overwhelming about it. Unfortunately our plane is now back in ICT for a while. We took a lightning strike with only 55 tt on the plane.
Just remember relax and don't make the program harder than it really is.
Best of Luck..

instructor puke,
Let me put it this way to you and anyone else reading this.
The yoke does the same thing it always did, the power levers, and rudders. So all thats left is systems ,limitations and sops. The fact you do your homework and ask questions tells me you will do great. Welcome to NJA .
Oh yea, as far as glass, less to look at ,and I now have a callous on my index finger from all the direct too's.
PFM.

Thanks guys

At the risk of sounding too woman like, I'm gonna say it anyway. Everybody that I know or encountered that works for NetJets, has been great. If 10% of the workforce I have yet to encounter is even half as nice as everyone I have met so far, it will be a heck of a place to work.

Alot of you guys have offered help, and believe me, if I run into any trouble, I will not hesitate to ask. I am very excited about being a part of the NetJets family and will in turn do my best to help the next person that comes down the line.

I will stop playing the violin now.:D

Thanks for all the assistance guys. Got a big folder full of Excel notes and I'm studying away.

Peace out yall
IP

You should thank Smellycat

From what I have read, it looks like you should thank Smelly Cat for organizing this post, and providing a place for you to gather some good study material.

Keep us posted on how you are doing. Best of Luck.

:)

STUDY

IP,

I was in the same shoes as you, in fact half of my time was in helicopters. When I went off to the Hawker type I had spent A LOT OF TIME studying systems, limitations and configurations. GET THE BOOKS AND STUDY, it makes the whole FSI experience a lot easier and it allows you the time to sit back and learn not just regurgitate information for the checkride. I made flashcards with all of the required memory items (red items on checklist) and at dinner or whenever I was sitting still I would go through the flash cards. That made memorizing the limitations and immiediate actions steps a snap. Also, I read the systems manual many, many many (did I say many) times. This made learning the systems in class a breeze. While everyone was taking notes and trying to stay up I just sat and listened and reinforced what I had all ready learned. The bottom line is all of this preparation made the sim time much more managable then expected. Don't get me wrong, for a guy with no jet time it was a challenge to stay ahead of the aircraft but after spending 3 hours in an oral examination that I smoked (thanks to the prep I did) it was a great confidence builder for the flying part. To tell you the truth my hardest experience was getting used to that darn flight director! Of course now I know why my stick buddy couldn't fly without it, darn thing can make you lazy! And of course it goes without saying that you MUST work well with your stick buddy. Mine was terrible (must of been the water he walked on) but when it came to checkride time I watched him melt down, I walked him through it like a great FO and when it was done I demanded (kindly) he do the same for me. It makes life a lot easier if your stick buddy is working with you and not against you. I enjoyed the type rating and learned a ton of stuff. The most important advise I think you can get is to RELAX! It is not rocket science and you will do just fine.

GOOD LUCK!

Latest resources

Back