Tipping the Van driver....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rez O. Lewshun said:
Deduct your tips on your IRS tax return......

If you need tip money then when at the resturaunt...don't tip in the tax...only the subtotal...... hows that?

I could be mistaken but unless you are spending more than the per diem you receive or more than the standard ME & I for the city you are overnighting in then you cannot deduct your tips. That is what the per diem is for. The company is paying for your meals and incidentals(tips). You can't deduct that hma sandwhich you had for lunch either.

ifly4food said:
You're in the penalty box for a week, Ty. My comments were tongue in cheek. You need to lighten up or find a new sandbox. Next time, you're out permanently.

If4f

Dude, you're the one who needs to "lighten up". You banned him for that!!??? You used worse language in your post than TY did! Maybe you should ban yourself? Eagleflip... where are you? We are in need of a sane and reasonable moderator!:eek:

JethroF15 said:
Dude, you're the one who needs to "lighten up". You banned him for that!!??? You used worse language in your post than TY did! Maybe you should ban yourself? Eagleflip... where are you? We are in need of a sane and reasonable moderator!:eek:

Give the moderator a break. May be, he (she?) drives a van on the side & just didn’t have a productive night driving some cheap a$$ airline crews to/from the airport. Disclaimer: tongue-in-cheek. This moderator set a precedent: so long as one claims tongue-in-cheek defense, we are safe. What a loser! -tongue in cheek.

However, IMO, his (her?) original comments were NOT tongue in cheek & his follow up was an abuse of his privileges. It’s one thing if a forum rule were broken, it’s quite another to ban anyone out of own insecurity for merely disagreeing, given the preceding 8+ pages of points of views, some of which, BTW, were more unconstructively judgmental & insulting than Ty’s (-NOT tongue in cheek).

Ty, get your donations refunded on this "sandbox" if you get banned again. Looks like your $ will be better spent on tips than on grips.

crashpad said:
Think of it as insurance to get good service. Am I the only one who tips crew schedulers as well?

I think thats called a bribe not a tip.

A few good tips:

For the cheapskates, here's a few tips you can give the van driver:

1. Never touch a burning dog.

2. Never get caught with a dead hooker or a live boy.

3. Don't run with scissors.

Lost something is the back on the van this morning. Called the hotel and front desk contacted van driver. (it wasn't the van drivers fault at all....) Recovered it immediately....

I doubt the postive attitude and tips (there and back) on a CDO/hi-speed/illegal/stand up no less...

had much to do with it.....

Latest resources

Back