• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey, Here's an oldie but a goodie:

" What the difference between pilots and canoes? "

" Canoes just might tip! "

-vic

p.s. - I give em a buck for luggage handling

Please gentlemen tip the van driver! Captains have zero excuse for not tipping.
First officer's I know it is hard but we get per diem and FA step up to the play please.:rolleyes:

Justify it however you want. If you don't tip the driver, you're a cheap ass.

Tipping

http://www.tipping.org/TopPage.shtml

My wife tips regardless of service. (I think that dumb).
I tip based on service.

But a first year F/O should not have to dig into that
empty pocket to tip some driver who is making twice
his pay.

Charity begins at home!

inthegoo said:
Ty Webb is a f-cking moron!

Y-e-a-h, buddy . . . . . you're right. I'm a big fool. That's why I'm Ty Webb, and you're some freaking pathetic pile of puke that can't even cough up a buck for the van driver.

I'm sure you're a real class act in all other aspects of life, though:rolleyes: .

I guess some of you guys don;t get the whole picture . . if you're a cheap sumbitch who goes through life thinking that a freaking van driver has it better than you . . . well, that is pretty much a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I have never seen a major airline pilot stiff the van driver . . . now, I'm sure you non-tipping swine think that they tip because they have money, but but did you ever stop to think that maybe they got hired at a major because at their interview they showed a sense of decorum, of professionalism, and behaved in a manner consistent with being a professional pilot?

Nah, that couldn;t have been it.

Interview question at united circa 1997.......

Interviewer: Do you give a buck to the van driver?

You: Yes.

Interviewer: Ok good. Whew! We knew there would be something about you that we would like. You failed the sim ride, the line captains the interviewed you didn't like your personality, and you just failed the aptitude test. But since you tip the van driver and subsidize his meger pay, YOU'RE HIRED!!

Deduct your tips on your IRS tax return......

If you need tip money then when at the resturaunt...don't tip in the tax...only the subtotal...... hows that?

I haven't read the last 867 posts in this thread but I usually tip about 400 million dollars to the van drivers.

I guess some of you guys don;t get the whole picture . . if you're a cheap sumbitch who goes through life thinking that a freaking van driver has it better than you . . . well, that is pretty much a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I don't know if they have it better, but I do know they make more money than me. I have a daughter, and every dollar I hand out is like taking it away from her. That aint gonna happen Jack!

That being said, I DO TIP if the guy/gal is extra helpful, nice or especially if they take us somewhere other than the airport like out to dinner later, the mall, etc. then yes, of course. But I don't tip just to be tipping for someone doing their job.

Latest resources

Back