Tipping the Fast Food Counter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fly2Scuba

Does anyone tip fast food counters? Seems like almost all medium to high quality fast food joints these days have tip counters in front of the register. I'm wondering what your thoughts are since most of us eat multiple meals at these joints. For the record, I think I've tipped like twice in my life a grand total of $1.

-Eric

Fly2Scuba said:
Does anyone tip fast food counters? Seems like almost all medium to high quality fast food joints these days have tip counters in front of the register. I'm wondering what your thoughts are since most of us eat multiple meals at these joints. For the record, I think I've tipped like twice in my life a grand total of $1.

-Eric

In a word, NO...

My favorite is the tip jar at the DOOR in some night clubs. Lets see, this biach just sits on her butt taking a cover charge, and then hints that she should be tipped by leaving a jar out on the counter...

I'm a good tipper if you do a good job serving me at a restuarant. But, I never put anything in the tip jars. Ever.

I've considered putting a tip jar at the enterance of the airplane. Above it would be a sign saying "What Kind of Landings Do You Prefer?"

The jar would have a scale on it. At the top of the jar it would have a line that says "Greaser". Towards the bottom of the jar it would say "Roll the Fire Trucks"

Under it would be a sign saying "For Food Donations and Lap Dances, Report Directly to the Captain To Be Judge for Consideration"

So throwing your change in after paying for your BUCKs is NON pilot like?

Soon as you flash your ID at the local hotel for Breakfast, the wait staff knows to expect a crappy tip?

I guess after my daughter waited during college and called me a Cheap Ars every time I tipped, it got me to think about just what kind of wages they actually make. After having to split the tips with the bar tender, bus boy, and others, it aint much. If you have excellent service, reward it! That tip jar for landings would be awesome, possibly make some pilots work harder on their smoothness.

Speaking of tips, I see the MOST TIP MONEY going to the people pushing the wheel chairs at the airport..usually by people who may not be able to afford it..Sr's. Driving a golf cart, never seemed like it deserved much of a tip..reminding me of IAH..ScusseeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the CartTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! (That got on my nerves)

If I get a few pennies with my change I might throw them in the jar just because pennies are pretty much worthless and that way I don't have a whole bunch in my pocket

No way do i tip the person at Subway. That is why they are making a wage. They are employed to make sandwiches, if their wage isn't enough then they should go to college and improve their earning potential, not stick their hand out for more money after i've payed 8 dollars for a sandwich.

Latest resources

Back