• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tipping the Fast Food Counter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I only tip for pizza delivery and restaraunt service.

AviatorTx said:
My favorite is the tip jar at the DOOR in some night clubs. Lets see, this biach just sits on her butt taking a cover charge, and then hints that she should be tipped by leaving a jar out on the counter...

I totaly agree with this. Some places that are already expensive will charge the cover then make you buy a drink at the door and they still expect a tip for sitting. Then if you don't tip them they give you that "whata cheapass look" That pisses me off!

While we're on the topic: Bathroom attendants. I don't need help in the bathroom. I don't need cologne or anything else you're selling. I can manage at the sink, and I know where the paper towels are.

The fact that you're blocking access to all of the above doesn't faze me. I had one get belligerent with me when I started out the door without tipping him. "I spent all my money at the bar, which is why I came in here."

What the hell?

So, while we're now on the topic, check out this guy posing as a McDonald's Bathroom Attendant. It's funny!

What about tipping the hotel van driver on overnights?

I usually do if he/she takes my bags and throws them in the back... ect ect.

But every time adds up on a 4 - day!

Sorry to stray from the fast food tipping...

thoughts?

I tip the van guy if he loads and unloads my bags, thats the criteria. Going around back and holding the door open while I load my bags will not get you a tip.

Fast food tip??? Come one, you really gonna tip the guy that spits in your food and doesn't wash his hands before making your sandwich.

Also, if you take your fast food burger back to the counter and tell them you found a cockroach in it, they will give you another one for free.

rtmcfi said:
You all know the difference between pilots and canoes right?

They're both up sh!t's creek without a paddle?

Tips for the van driver are tax deductible.

That being said, I only tip if they are WAITING in the van, engine running, (nice and warm and/or cool), when we step onto the curb.

If I have to wait :30 seconds for a hotel van, no tip.

Latest resources

Back