Timing out 117

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

twott driver

What is everyone else's experience with timing out lately? Are companies asking pilots to entertain the 2 hour extension?

I've timed out a couple if times already this year, and not once was I asked to extend. I wasn't even consulted, just notified of a pairing change. Is this unusual?

I've never been a suspicious person, but if this seems to be an industry wide phenomenon, do you think it could be a effort on the part of the airlines to have more ammunition to lobby for a relaxation of the new regs?

They probably just don't want to do the paperwork with the FAA. I recently had to do a lot of work to get an FDP extension that was in my crew's best interest.

They're trying to blame it on this, but it's beginning to be publicized it's the pay & working conditions. Newbies just aren't going for it while there's plenty of qualified pilots out there. They just have to pay a decent wage to get 'em to accept employment.

AWAC is saying the only legit reason to refuse the 2 hr extension is that you must be fatigued, which means you lose the pay (our fatigue policy is a no-question policy, but also a no-pay policy). It's getting interesting here right now.....

Peace.

Rekks

We time out waiting for scheduling to answer the phone to do the extension, no exaggeration.

Companies don't want to use the 2-hour extension. The fine print says the company (not the pilot) has to disclose 1- why they had to use a 2-hour extension and 2- how they're going to prevent it from happening again. With that on record, they'll be held accountable to ensure it doesn't happen again. No company wants to manage that mess. The 2 hour extension just won't happen that often.

The 30 minute extension can often work in our favor ... like allowing a little extra time to get home on the last leg of a 4-day.

SkyWest assumes an extension from the acceptance of leg one flight release.

That's not legal. Each leg is evaluated and signed for individually, and flight segment acceptance has nothing to so with FDP extension.

It is Skywest policy that you will always get a 2 hour extension unless you report fatigued. Also and on top of that they will not contact you if you are going to exceed your duty time limit. They are happy to let you exceed you duty limit if you do not notice. This happened to me a couple weeks ago and CS acted totally surprised that we were going to exceed our duty time limit. We need to be tracking our duty times ourselves. Stay safe and get to mainline.

Scott

It is Skywest policy that you will always get a 2 hour extension unless you report fatigued. Also and on top of that they will not contact you if you are going to exceed your duty time limit. They are happy to let you exceed you duty limit if you do not notice. This happened to me a couple weeks ago and CS acted totally surprised that we were going to exceed our duty time limit. We need to be tracking our duty times ourselves. Stay safe and get to mainline.

Scott

Sheesh, so much for shared responsibility.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back