• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Timing out 117

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sheesh, so much for shared responsibility.

It came to a scrretching halt when I told the dispatcher I didn't agree to the extension, wasn't going to sign in via ACARS. Done finished, right then and there, I never used the fatigue word, I did say that their manipulation of the block time on the release was fishy. I had both releases in my hand and told them so. If you man up and state your case, they notice, quickly....
We would have exceeded the FDP by quite a bit, even with the kitchen sink extension.

FAR 117.19, read it, know it, live it......

117.19 Flight duty period extensions.
(a) For augmented and unaugmented operations, if unforeseen operational circumstances arise prior to takeoff:
(1) The pilot in command and the certificate holder may extend the maximum flight duty period permitted in Tables B or C of this part up to 2 hours.
(2) An extension in the flight duty pe- riod under paragraph (a)(1) of this sec- tion of more than 30 minutes may occur only once prior to receiving a rest period described in ? 117.25(b).
(3) A flight duty period cannot be ex- tended under paragraph (a)(1) of this section if it causes a flightcrew mem- ber to exceed the cumulative flight duty period limits specified in 117.23(c).
(4) Each certificate holder must re- port to the Administrator within 10 days any flight duty period that ex- ceeded the maximum flight duty period permitted in Tables B or C of this part by more than 30 minutes. The report must contain the following:
(i) A description of the extended flight duty period and the cir- cumstances surrounding the need for the extension; and
(ii) If the circumstances giving rise to the extension were within the cer- tificate holder?s control, the corrective action(s) that the certificate holder in- tends to take to minimize the need for future extensions.
(5) Each certificate holder must im- plement the corrective action(s) re- ported in paragraph (a)(4) of this sec- tion within 30 days from the date of the extended flight duty period.
(b) For augmented and unaugmented operations, if unforeseen operational circumstances arise after takeoff:
(1) The pilot in command and the cer- tificate holder may extend maximum flight duty periods specified in Tables B or C of this part to the extent nec- essary to safely land the aircraft at the next destination airport or alternate airport, as appropriate.

Last edited:
It came to a scrretching halt when I told the dispatcher I didn't agree to the extension, wasn't going to sign in via ACARS. Done finished, right then and there, I never used the fatigue word, I did say that their manipulation of the block time on the release was fishy. I had both releases in my hand and told them so. If you man up and state your case, they notice, quickly....
We would have exceeded the FDP by quite a bit, even with the kitchen sink extension.

FAR 117.19, read it, know it, live it......

117.19 Flight duty period extensions.
(a) For augmented and unaugmented operations, if unforeseen operational circumstances arise prior to takeoff:
(1) The pilot in command and the certificate holder may extend the maximum flight duty period permitted in Tables B or C of this part up to 2 hours.
(2) An extension in the flight duty pe- riod under paragraph (a)(1) of this sec- tion of more than 30 minutes may occur only once prior to receiving a rest period described in ? 117.25(b).
(3) A flight duty period cannot be ex- tended under paragraph (a)(1) of this section if it causes a flightcrew mem- ber to exceed the cumulative flight duty period limits specified in 117.23(c).
(4) Each certificate holder must re- port to the Administrator within 10 days any flight duty period that ex- ceeded the maximum flight duty period permitted in Tables B or C of this part by more than 30 minutes. The report must contain the following:
(i) A description of the extended flight duty period and the cir- cumstances surrounding the need for the extension; and
(ii) If the circumstances giving rise to the extension were within the cer- tificate holder?s control, the corrective action(s) that the certificate holder in- tends to take to minimize the need for future extensions.
(5) Each certificate holder must im- plement the corrective action(s) re- ported in paragraph (a)(4) of this sec- tion within 30 days from the date of the extended flight duty period.
(b) For augmented and unaugmented operations, if unforeseen operational circumstances arise after takeoff:
(1) The pilot in command and the cer- tificate holder may extend maximum flight duty periods specified in Tables B or C of this part to the extent nec- essary to safely land the aircraft at the next destination airport or alternate airport, as appropriate.

Bad ass man, bad ass...You tell them damn dispatchers who is in charge!!

Jenny you're such a clown! Putz too! :laugh:

I know I know, you have me on ignore and will have to log in as Jenny to read this. Such a putz! :smash:

Last edited:
Jenny you're such a clown! Putz too! :laugh:

I know I know, you have me on ignore and will have to log in as Jenny to read this. Such a putz! :smash:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back