Time Warner F/O Job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyu27

I saw an ad online for a First Officer at Time Warner in NY. Can anyone provide any info on this - aircraft, base, etc? Any info is appreciated.

I believe there still based out at KISP, on Long Island. There also known as GTC Aviation. I used to fuel there Gulfstreams back in my lineman days.

They have two bases one in BUR and one in ISP. The last I checked they had a G5 and a G4 one each coast, ISP had an additional Citation X and an S76B

They just took delivery of a new 550 which is replacing an older G4. They are also getting a 604 to replace their CitationX. I believe they are planning on winding up with a G550, G5, 604 & S76B in ISP and a G5 and a G4 in BUR.

They fly their butts off. I was there in the early 90's and got some good G time in a relatively short time frame(600+ in one year if my memory suites me, lots of trip back and forth across the country, with at least 2-3 round the globes annualy). Back then they did not pay but the entire mgt structure has changed since then. The new AD is a great guy and I assume that he has brought up the $$ a bit. The pilot group is also a great group of guys.

The problem is they only hire FO's and the only way to upgrade is for someone senior to leave and create a vacancy. Strict seniority issues. Hence you are stuck at FO pay for a while, and they have a lot of young FO's. The next problem is Q of L, they fly hard so getting regular scheduled time off was a problem when I was there. I don't think that has changed much because I don't recall head count increasing dramaticly.

Good luck

Last edited:
I also would like any contact info for Time Warner @isp. I am trying to get out of the airlines, and live 2 minutes from isp. Actually Ill take any info on any job on L.I.

they were doing soooooo good until they bought one of those imitation gulfstreams. A Challenger!

Latest resources

Back