time off

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

redW&blue

How much time off a year do most corporate pilots get a year? I'm talking about hard time off with cell phone off and the company won't call.
Not this sitting at home on call waiting for phone to ring.

We get 5 days a year for the first three years of employment. Week-ends are not time off either.

It just depends on who you work for and how many pilots you have. Some will give hard days off and others will not. If you are in a 2 pilot only operation and it takes 2 to fly whatever you have, then it's tough to get hard days off unless you take vacation time.

If you are a 2 pilot operation, perhaps you could suggest a policy you think is fair. I know of a 2 pilot situation where the crew is always on call, but anything after 5pm is your time and if you get the call it's up to the pilots if you go or not. (They fly about 200 hrs per year and only work if they are flying.)

I get 4 hard days off per month. In reality I only average flying around 10 days a month, but the schedule changes all of the time and is a real pain in the a$$.

4 hard days off a month plus some "blank" days that are kinda off but it's a good idea to answer the phone.

We also get 10 days of vacation that can be turned into two, two-week duty free periods with creative scheduling.TC

When we do are not scheduled to fly we are free. In my 5 years with the company I have never gotten the call to be out at the airport in 30 minutes. We however have the same problem that sleepy has. Schedule changes. Total pain in the a$$.

About the only time off I get is when the a/c is down for maintenance or if we leave the airplane somewhere and airline home.

Last year we had 300+ days off. 99.9% of it was scheduled. We usually know our sched 3 months in advance and if we're not flying we're OFF. Schedule changes are very rare, pop-ups are non-existent (we've had one in the past 2 years due to a family emergency).

We get 14 hard days off in a thirty day month, 15 in a 31 day month with the option to fly more if you like and thankfully the extra days pay extra. :)

redW&blue said:
How much time off a year do most corporate pilots get a year? I'm talking about hard time off with cell phone off and the company won't call.
Not this sitting at home on call waiting for phone to ring.

We get 5 days a year for the first three years of employment. Week-ends are not time off either.

wait a sec...5 hard days off A YEAR???

Latest resources

Back