• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Time magazines view of Corporate aviation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmmmmm, I bet Time Magazine has NO access to corporate aircraft or charter aircraft at ALL. Yeah right.......

Good points there though.

They did have plenty of access, up until the mid-late 90's. Once Time-Warner purchased CNN, they became the golden child and received the corporate jet access. Now, I doubt that either get access because the corporate jets are all but gone. At last check TW was down to just one corporate jet (not counting the studio)

Personal use by executives on the Time Warner a/c was $800K (variable costs only) per their 2007 SEC filings (proxy).

Ford was over $700K, Citi $700K, GE $600K..and then this-

The Denver Post wrote:Qwest amended the employment contract of new chief executive officer Ed Mueller to allow his wife and youngest daughter to use the company's corporate jet without him present, according to a regulatory filing Friday.
The change will accomodate his daughter's commute from California, where she is finishing her senior year in high school, to Mueller's new home in the Denver area. Mueller is e...

The whole problem with how this was presented to the public was that the Senator (in an annoying and condescending tone) who asked the question made it seem like the CEOs had their own jets for their own use.

To me, the Senator was implying that the these CEO's paid for their own personal jets with their big salaries (which are out of line, but that's a different argument for a different time). It was not made clear, at least initially, in any media I can remember, that these aircraft belonged to the company or a leasing agent.

Most people don't understand how an airplane flies, let alone how a multi-million dollar jet or a fleet of them,even with their associated cost, can BENEFIT a company, especially one the size of an automaker.

It's a good thing Bob Lutz is no longer chairman of Chrysler. I believe he has an L-39 for personal use. The media would have loved that.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm, I bet Time Magazine has NO access to corporate aircraft or charter aircraft at ALL. Yeah right.......

Good points there though.
Actually I do not think that they have very much access at all. From what I remember they are down to one aircraft, and that one was for sale.

According to the FAA website (aircraft registration pages), "Warner Brothers" and "Warner Communications" have about 15 jets between them. Don't know how "Time", the magazine, fits into that picture, but just thought I'd mention that, as they have the same parent company, no? (The article makes some good points. Thanks for the link.)

Congress..bunch of hypocrites. How many congressional junkets do they take a year out of the 89th Airlift Wing? So the next time they want to go to Paris, London, or Moscow to conduct "America's business" they can take an airliner.

Latest resources

Back