Time in Type Requirements

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have about 1800 jet PIC.

Ballpark, how much does a FSI or simuflite course cost. How long does it take? Again, for a Citation, Hawker, or Falcon?

you are typed in a C750, but yet seem to have no idea how things work? :confused:

you are typed in a C750, but yet seem to have no idea how things work? :confused:
\

If you read carefully, I've flown it, but wasn't typed in typed in it. I have a friend who was managing a Citation X, part 91. He called me out on a couple legs to fill the right seat. I have less than 10 hours in it, and it has been 7 years.

How much time in type is typically required by insurance companies to act as PIC on a corporate jet?

For example, I have about 7000 hours, 5000 is a combination of PIC and SIC on airliners, could I get a type in a citation or falcon or hawker and immediately act as PIC?

Does it make a difference if the aircraft is operated under 135 vs. 91?

I have been a PIC on corporate jets since having 2500-3000hrs (guess) Anything from a Learjet - Westwind - DA900EX - Global Express - DA7X.

Both 135 and 91, Insurance was never an issue...granted the last 135 flight I did was about 7 yrs ago, I dont know how things have changed since.

A type rating and sim school was all that was ever required. Hell, Im not even a very good pilot...:bawling:

Good Luck.

PS - Your uncle will not loose a little money... he will loose a lot!

Last edited:
I think the question here is who deals with the insurance company. If it's you then you can work these things out or deal with another insurance company. If it's someone other than you I guess you just hope they know what they are doing.
My owner does not deal with maintenance, insurance, FBO, etc because thats my job.
I have started, as PIC, on one turbo prop and three jets with 0 time in type and never had a problem with insurance.
I feel my insurance agent works with me, not against me and I've been with him over 20 years.

HEADWIND

I have about 1800 jet PIC.

Ballpark, how much does a FSI or simuflite course cost. How long does it take? Again, for a Citation, Hawker, or Falcon?

Call FSI's 800 number and tell them you are researching type costs for a potential aircraft buy -- they will gladly give you the costs. Also, if you are purchasing a new aircraft or if you go through the manufacturer for a "pre-owned," they (the mfr) usually include two pilot type ratings and one mechanic's training with the purchase.

Latest resources

Back