• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Time for Skywest to Step Up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Steve, name a single ALPA carrier that has dues of 6% if you think your facts are straight.

Homer, do you consider a 1.2% raise sufficient? What would youconsider reasonable?

You keep giving our management too much credit...the raise was a whopping 1.00%(the 1.2% would be an additonal 20% more than what we actually "negotiated)!

Bluto,

Not at all. But thats all every other department in the company got. I hope you guys get a lot more. Then we can try and get more too!

I think anything that doesn't keep up with inflation a slap in the face. We got slapped last year. We got 1.5%. PM me and I will give you all the details. It wasn't pretty.

That's 50% more than we got, and I know the cost of living in SGU is a heck of a lot less than any of our California crew bases!!

Cost of living in SGU has SHOT THROUGH THE ROOF!!!! For example, my house has more than DOUBLED in value in the last year and a half. There is no way I could afford the same house in SGU today.

SGU is not a cheap place to live.

It's all relative...SGU is cheap compared to LAX, SAN, SBA, SMX, SBP, SFO, PSP, FAT, or SMF !!

Last edited:
Amazing! There was nearly a 2-yr gap in this thread and the last five posts picked it up as if nothing had happened.

Ya as soon as we get alpa we will get a pay raise.....just like all the other alpa carriers right? Maybe our 1st year pay could match Mesa's if we are lucky. I bet alpa could get us 18 days off a month too right.

Amazing! There was nearly a 2-yr gap in this thread and the last five posts picked it up as if nothing had happened.
Sadly, it's not really that amazing. This place is like a soap opera. You could quit watching for a decade and when you come back (not if, everyone comes back eventually) within 5 minutes you'll be just as informed as you were when you left. Which, um, is not really saying all that much. Oh yeah, SkyWest pilots are all $cabs, while ASA pilots, underappreciated, under compensated, and under respected as they are, will one day regain their rightful position as kings and queens of the hill and upright riders of the moral high horse. There, did I miss anything?

Latest resources

Back