Time for Skywest to Step Up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OCP said:
Have the guys who think that this might be a good raise actually calculated this on their own pay scale? Take what you got and multiply that by 1.012 and see just how much that really is.

I don't think it's a good raise, but let me calculate what this means for me.
$19.02 * 1.012= 19.25/hr. Let me add in the bonus that SGU says is a pay raise. Quarterly pereformance bonus= not eligable, less than 1 year employment. Profit sharing program= not eligable, less than 2 years employment.

...and the really sad thing is people consider the stupid bonus as part of the raise. All they did was is defer the money from the profit sharing (that went into the 401K) to the bonus program. So until everyone gets over SGUs shyt and sees the light we are only getting a 1.2% raise...

Just wondering how much of a raise a union will get? Lets say the union gets 3% raise. Then you subtract the 2% union dues and you have a 1% raise.

Did anyone see the thread on Deltas offer for pilots to fly 100 seat aircraft for LESS THAN CHQ E170 rates? Dont know if those numbers are true, but if they are, LOOK OUT BELOW!!!!!

Good luck, and I hope SKYW guys get what they need and deserve....

What would be a reasonable offer from SGU?

homerjdispatch said:
What would be a reasonable offer from SGU?
Cost of living increase (3%/year). Retro pay to not reward SGU for dragging their feet. An expiration date on the new agreement. Splitting the 50/70 rates, or at least specifying CL-65 to mean -200/700. As they have it now we would be agreeing to fly the -900 for the same rate as the -200.

There's a lot more on the wish list, but this is a place to start

Puck Mugger said:
Get your facts straight Steve.

I do have them right but I forgot, YOU KNOW THE DUES FOR EVERY AIRLINE IN THE WORLD!!! How foolish of me... Bow down and worship Puck Mugger! ohh wait, wait, wait... 2% for some at ALPA. I have my facts just fine. Grow up and start throwing trash around... god knows there's enough on you.

Last edited:
Steve, name a single ALPA carrier that has dues of 6% if you think your facts are straight.

Homer, do you consider a 1.2% raise sufficient? What would youconsider reasonable?

How does the cost of living in SGU compare to MRY, SAN, SBA, LAX, PSP, FAT, SMF, SBP, and PDX? How much has the cost of living gone up in SGU compared to these places in the last 5 years?

Bluto,

Not at all. But thats all every other department in the company got. I hope you guys get a lot more. Then we can try and get more too!

I think anything that doesn't keep up with inflation a slap in the face. We got slapped last year. We got 1.5%. PM me and I will give you all the details. It wasn't pretty.

Latest resources

Back