• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Time for re-regulation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Economic regualation, the pricing of all routes would work. Let the airlines decide where they want to go. All of this predatory pricing would go away. There would be a decline of pilots and passengers but it would go a long way to helping this industry. Who are we going to lose? Most of the SJS'ers that everyone complains about. We'd get rid of the bottom tier of pax that nobody wants in the airplanes anyway. Send them all back to Wal-Mart and Greyhound where they belong.

:rolleyes: Yes, by all means, lets re-regulate. Its called Communism.

scoreboard said:

Read this out loud right now please.

We tard
I am Sofa King
We tard it

I see that many of us need a bit of remedial Econ 101. However, in a nutshell, cuz I don't have time to edjukate ya'll ... we need true Capitalism. Economic Darwinism ... survival of the fittest. As long as we taxpayers keep bailing out the dinosaurs (you know who they are) the industry will remain on life-support, with everyone operating under Ch 11 to be competitive, pay cuts and outsourcing all around, strike-breaking, etc. Excess capacity and inefficient airlines being propped up are bring everyone down.

Let 'em fold. Tear the old scab off quickly so the healing can begin. Painful ... but necessary. :(

But then again, I'm just a software geek with an Engineering degree who flies part-time. So whatdoeyeknow? :D

Minh

Last edited:
cynic said:
Read this out loud right now please.

We tard
I am Sofa King
We tard it

I did, so whats your point couch potato?

My point is: economic regulation is akin to communism.

Ciao.

I am always hesitant to allow the government to do anything. The best thing the government can do is nothing. NOTHING... everything they do is a complete screw up. My key point in this debate is the state of the airlines now. What do I mean, well look at who is keeping the airlines together. The government is never the answer. NEVER the answer. Everything on the private side is able to do leaps and bounds better than any govn't program.

If the govn't would get their nose out of the airlines today then it would all work out in the end. The legacies are dying and the only people who don't want to admit it are the people who work for them and I understand why they stand where they do.

If most of these guys calling for re-regulation realized that they would lose their jobs, they might change their tune.

My grandpa used to be the best darned Buggy Whip maker around. Until those darned horseless carriages started popping up all over the place! Drove a good many great Buggy Whip makers out of business. The government really should have regulated the whole mess to keep my grandpa in business. That way I could have followed in his foot steps and I would be making Buggy Whips right now!

scoreboard said:

Don't forget whatever ratings you're holding are privilages to start with. The govn't already has you by the balls we are just talking about airlines and increasing their dollar per pax per mile.

If most of these guys calling for re-regulation realized that they would lose their jobs, they might change their tune

In the scheme of things this isn't about what pilots want it's about what is best for the industry. An economist would look at the figures and say regulation is better.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back