Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Shamus

FL 510
I may have a ferry flight in a light twin from Cali. to South Korea! I'll repost if it happens for sure, just check eveyonce in a while if interested.

Hey, I think I know where that airplane is going! It's about time they got a light twin there. Well, I know the airspace, and its a little tricky since there are 1000s of surface-to-air missiles all over that place (the demilitarized zone is only 25 miles away!), or you may get an F-16 (or if you're really lucky, you'll get one of the shiny new F-15KS) shooting tracers over your wing...

I'm very very interested in doing it, and I'm sure it's a bonus that I speak the language too :)

Ugh. You know, you ARE worth something as a professional. :angryfire

Professional?

No...professionals know they're worth something...they don't do anything for free. Just ask my professional accountant....I call him to see if he wants to go to the Browns game and it cost me $15.00!

-mini

Anybody who is young and dumb enough to be building time (rather than building experience, and there IS a difference) has no business making that flight. Anybody who is making that flight and decides to advertise or drag along an inexperienced pilot is a bloody idiot.

And those who hold themselves out as experts at doing it with their sub-thousand hour experience have merely not got the background to know what they're talking about...and do stupid, idiotic things in ignorance. No excuse, but still smartly stupid.

So which are you...the one dumb enough to buy into anyone willing to tag along, or the one asking them to do it? Not really any difference there.

You'll need to split your rations in the raft by two. Good thinking. You're not the first, of course, but generally one drags someone else along who is being trained up in the fine art of ferrying...not someone inexperienced enough to volunteer for the job...which they want because they lack the experience.

Perhaps you just don't see the irony.

Word, avbug

In a "light twin", crossing that much water and former USSR, etc. really, really shouldn't be done by anyone except really experienced folk.

Holding this thing out as time-building is not cool.

If you want to build time (and hopefully some experience) my unsolicited advice is if you're in the Lower 48, stay there. Stay out of trouble and more importantly, alive.

I'm not real confident that the Russian Coast Guard or the Mongolian Search and Rescue Team will find you before you succumb to the elements, even with your survival gear and a survivable ditching.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back