• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thrust Reversers out while taxiing???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It used to be acceptable at SkyWest, but is now prohibited to deploy them during taxi. I believe it was due to contamination issues but has now worked its way into ALL conditions.

What's the deal with no deployment on landing? I've ridden in the back of some of these POS ERJ, and they don't even pop 'em. What's the deal?

What's the deal with no deployment on landing? I've ridden in the back of some of these POS ERJ, and they don't even pop 'em. What's the deal?

how did you see them pop from the inside?

we pop 'em just dont use thrust to slow down unless we need it. the buckets open slow us down enough

From what I understand there are several different "grades" of reversers available on the jungle jet. The lower end were not made to withstand max reverse multiple times per day. It's also my understanding that most thrust settings in between idle and max while in reverse produce large levels of vibration that have been known to cause stress cracking on the reverser mechanism.

Plus not using reverse with carbon brakes actually increases the life of the brake. The hotter they are the harder they become. So, not using reverse causes higher brake temperatures prolonging the life of the disc.

This is all what I've been told so I could be completely off. Someone feel free to chime in.

Last edited:

The POS ERJs have different brakes then other airliners. You don't need TRs. Some ERJs don't even have TRs. That's why when you're riding on ERJ, the braking during landing is sudden and it will make some pax scream. It's standard procedure...

Last edited:
flight safety taught to alternate thrust reverer deployment during taxi in the beech jet. It kept the taxi nice and slow...

Not that anyone taxis an RJ slow

That's why when you're riding on ERJ, the braking during landing is sudden and it will make some pax scream.

Are you sure it's the braking, and not the actual landing (touchdown) itself? :D

Latest resources

Back